Course Start Date
18 Jul 2022
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Civil Construction Design equips you with the skills and expertise to work as a civil or structural draftsperson, a civil construction designer, site officer or project manager. Build your career in a dynamic industry with this highly regarded qualification.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Manage projects
- Apply design principles
- Use the latest industry software and equipment
- Use surveying concepts effectively
- Design, draft and build infrastructure projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Collaborative skills
- Problem solving skills and a solution-based focus
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Experience with industry software and technology
- The skills to operate construction materials testing equipment
- Opportunities to design projects to meet current safety standards
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Civil/structural draftsperson
- Civil/structural designer para-professional
- Civil construction site officer
- Civil construction site manager
- Civil Designer
- Civil Technical Assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction Design
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time on campus course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 8 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 1 year.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources to complete your study:
White Card and Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE): indicative cost $200.00
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|UOS VSL-RII50520-22ULT-050||UOS VSL-RII50520||18 Jul 2022||23 Sep 2022||05 Sep 2022||$1,065.00|
|UOS VSL-RII50520-22ULT-051||UOS VSL-RII50520||10 Oct 2022||02 Dec 2022||07 Nov 2022||$1,065.00|
|UOS VSL-RII50520-23ULT-052||UOS VSL-RII50520||06 Feb 2023||07 Apr 2023||06 Mar 2023||$1,065.00|
|UOS VSL-RII50520-23ULT-053||UOS VSL-RII50520||24 Apr 2023||30 Jun 2023||05 Jun 2023||$1,065.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|RIICWD501E||Prepare detailed design of foundations|
|RIICWD504E||Prepare detailed design of environmental controls|
|RIICWD533E||Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures|
|RIICWD534E||Prepare detailed design of civil steel structures|
|CPCCBC4012||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4015||Prepare specifications for all construction works|
|MSL973022||Conduct laboratory-based acceptance tests for construction materials|
|CPPSIS5032||Capture new spatial data|
|MEM30005A||Calculate force systems within simple beam structures|
|MEM30012A||Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing engineering or related environment|
|MSL924003||Process and interpret data|
|MSL974026||Perform tests to determine the properties of construction materials|
|MSL975044||Perform complex tests to measure engineering properties of materials|
|MEM30031A||Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements|
|MEM30032A||Produce basic engineering drawings|
|MEM30033A||Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create and display 3-D models|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBPMG531||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG532||Manage project quality|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
Civil Construction Designer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Ultimo (focused on Structural Stream)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure