Part Time Day
Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Take the nationally accredited Certificate III in Floristry to grow your career as a qualified florist. Thrive in this immersive course, learn advanced technical trade skills and unleash your creativity to create stunning arrangements. Design your career in an industry ripe with opportunity.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Identify a wide variety of flowers and plant materials
- Apply technical floristry techniques
- Construct floristry products for sale: bouquets, posies, table arrangements and headpieces
- Get creative with design, assemble and display
- Prepare, care for and store plant materials as well as freshly cut and sundried flowers
- Develop your illustration skills
- Work with social platforms like Pinterest and Instagram
- Accurately quote jobs for clients
- Work safely and contribute to safe work practices
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities needed to be successful in this field, including:
- Creative flair for design, colour and artistry
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisation and time management
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate III level qualification
- Industry requirement to work as a qualified florist
GROW YOUR CAREER
Refine your technical skills and learn what it takes to start and run your own business with the Certificate IV in Floristry.
In recent years, the increase in floristry businesses and the power of social media has popularised floristry with a peek into the artistry of floral design and unique arrangements. This heightened interest and growth in new businesses is driving demand for florists with technical skills, knowledge in seasonal varieties and the creative flair to arrange stunning arrangements.
To register for an information session, head to tafensw.edu.au/infofest. Students who cannot attend the Information Session please make an online enquiry or contact us on 131 601 for more information about the course!
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 8 December 2020||11.00am to 1.00pm or 6.00pm to 8.00pm||Join Information Session Here|
|Thursday, 10 December 2020||11.00am to 1.00pm||Join Information Session Here|
|Monday, 25 January 2021||11.00am to 1.00pm or 6.00pm to 8.00pm||Join Information Session Here|
|Monday, 1 February 2021||11.00am to 1.00pm or 6.00pm to 8.00pm||Join Information Session Here|
This is a Part-time day, Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 5 hours of class, over 1 day a week, for 48 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 17 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including unsupervised time on research, study, preparation, practicing floral designs, reviewing class work in the Online learning platform, Students upload evidence of work to the on line learning platform and self-initiated learning including researching and following latest floral designs and designers, the latest floral trends, viewing online demonstrations.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are:
- predominantly learners who are seeking employment
- looking to develop new skills and a new career, this also includes students seeking new career and job changes.
The cohort may include candidates currently employed in the floristry industry who are seeking to further develop their skills a gain a formal qualification.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Students will received hands on training in all areas of floristry design and construction.
- Students will learn how to prepare flowers for retail sale, how to be creative with design and assembly as well as how to create products to meet customers needs.
- Students are provided with all plant material and sundries for practical sessions. For any additional inquiries regarding this course, please contact 131 601.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID-19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday from 9.30am to 5.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- You will provided with all basic floristry tools for your practical sessions. However, it is recommend that you purchase your own basic tools after 4 weeks of your studies.
- Learners are required to wear closed shoes with a sensible heel height.
- Gloves can be worn when working on mechanics for designs.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SFLDEC008||Construct floristry products with a base medium|
|SFLDEC006||Construct hand tied floristry products|
|SFLDEC007||Construct wired floristry products|
|SFLDEC002||Design floristry products|
|CUVACD201A||Develop drawing skills to communicate ideas|
|SFLDEC012||Interpret floristry design briefs|
|SFLDEC001||Maintain floristry tools and equipment|
|SFLWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SFLSOP005||Prepare and care for floristry stock|
|SFLSOP010||Prepare quotations for floristry products|
|SFLSOP008||Provide quality service to floristry customers|
|SFLSOP004||Receive and store floristry stock|
|SFLSOP003||Recognise flower and plant materials|
|SFLSOP009||Sell floristry products|
|SFLSOP001||Source information on floristry products and services|
|SFLSOP002||Work effectively in the floristry industry|
|SFLDEC005||Assemble floristry products|
|BSBDES202||Evaluate the nature of design in a specific industry context|
|BSBWOR202||Organise and complete daily work activities|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SIRXMER202||Plan, create and maintain displays|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
205 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure