Course Start Date
11 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Community Pharmacy Dispensary develops your ability to support the health and wellbeing of your local community, as you learn the skills and qualifications needed to practice as a dispensary technician.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Assist customers with prescriptions
- Dispense prescriptions
- Provide and promote services to customers
- Read and communicate prescription information and ingredients
- Maintain pharmacy stock
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Quick thinking, problem-solving skills
- Responsibility and sensitivity when discussing medical information
- The ability to thrive and maintain accuracy in busy, high pressure environments
- Adaptability to take on different tasks and daily routines
- Exceptional multitasking
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Qualifications to practice as an accredited dispensary technician
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Dispensary technician
- Dispensary assistant
- Dispensary manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Retail Management
- Certificate IV in New Small Business
- Diploma of Visual Merchandising
- Bachelor of Business
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a work based course. You will need to attend approximately 1 hours of class for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including private study, revision, assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are currently employed in the Pharmacy Industry.
- The qualification provides a pathway to work in a community pharmacy as a dispensary technician or dispensary assistant.
- This qualification reflects the role of skilled technicians working in the dispensary area of community pharmacies. They have substantial depth of knowledge of pharmacy medicines and dispensing techniques.
- When dispensing pharmacy medications, they work under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and their role is limited to those dispensing functions that do not require them to exercise professional pharmaceutical judgement or discretion. They may provide technical advice and support to pharmacy assistants.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SIRCDIS007||Administer dispensary computer systems and claims|
|SIRCDIS001||Assist customers with prescriptions|
|SIRCDIS003||Assist in dispensing prescriptions|
|SIRCDIS006||Maintain dispensary stock|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|SIRCCCS002||Provide and promote services to pharmacy customers|
|SIRCIND002||Support the supply of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines|
|SIRCINF001||Use pharmacy practices for infection control|
|SIRCIND001||Work effectively in a community pharmacy|
|SIRCPPA009||Assist customers with allergy relief products|
|SIRCPPA010||Assist customers with analgesic and anti-inflammatory products|
|SIRCPPA005||Assist customers with cough and cold relief products|
|SIRCDIS004||Assist in preparing dose administration aids|
|SIRCHCS003||Test blood pressure and advise on self-monitoring|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
70 Widderson Street, Port Macquarie
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure