Student services - Library services
The libraries at TAFE NSW all provide welcoming spaces where students can comfortably read, study, meet for group work or utilise a variety of learning resources. TAFE NSW has a statewide library network that provides access to the latest digital and print resources, and also has professional library staff who can assist with research and study support.
When you enrol with TAFE NSW you will receive a TAFEcard that will allow you to borrow resources and access digital and print resources across the entire TAFE NSW library network.
Our libraries give you access to:
- eResources, including eBooks, eJournals, streaming videos, course specific research articles, standards and more,
- books, magazines, DVDs and other resource materials as well as interlibrary loans;
- subject specific library course guides with recommended websites and resources for TAFE NSW studies;
- computers with selected software packages used in TAFE NSW courses as well as wifi access for your own devices;
- reference services, information literacy and internet skills workshops and one on one assistance chat and enquiry services, including services for students studying fully online courses;
- individual and group study facilities as well as social spaces for getting together with other students;
- photocopying, printing and scanning services including 3D printing at some locations; and
- library services throughout Australia via the TAFE National Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme.
Library staff support all TAFE NSW study locations and learning facilities, including online delivery and remote services to those locations without a library facility. Our staff can help you locate resources and access library facilities, information services and a range of online support services.
You can access information and resources online through the TAFE NSW Library Network Catalogue, TAFEcat, including:
- accessing your library record and loan details;
- seeing when your books are due to be returned;
- renewing your library loans; and
- seeing when a reserved item is ready to be collected.
Find out the opening hours, library location and location specific services and facilities for your campus library.