Student services - Library services
TAFE NSW has a statewide library network that provides access to the latest digital and print resources, supported by a professional team of library staff who are ready to assist with all your research and study support needs.
The Library Services Homepage will guide you to the resources and services of TAFE NSW Libraries, including the Library Catalogue, Library Subject Guides and links to E-Resources.
Library staff support all TAFE NSW study locations and learning facilities, including online delivery and remote services to those without a library facility. Library staff can help you locate resources and access library facilities, information services and a range of online support services.
Find out the opening hours, address, and resources, services and facilities at your library.
If you cannot make it to the library or you study online, don’t worry – you still have 24/7 access to our large collection of eResources.
The TAFE NSW Library Network Catalogue, TAFEcat, provides access to all library resources. Ask for a library PIN and you can also:
- view your library record and loan details;
- check the dates when your books are due to be returned;
- renew your library loans; and
- see when a reserved item is ready to be collected.
When you enrol with TAFE NSW, you will receive a TAFEcard that will allow you to borrow resources and access digital and print resources across the entire TAFE NSW library network.
TAFE NSW libraries provide you with:
- eResources, including eBooks, eJournals, eVideos, standards and more;
- books, magazines, DVDs, and other resource materials as well as interlibrary loans;
- course-based library subject guides with recommended websites and resources;
- computers with selected software used in TAFE NSW courses;
- assistance with Wi-Fi access;
- reference services, information and digital literacy skills workshops, and library orientation;
- personalised face-to-face and online assistance, including specialised services for students studying fully online courses;
- individual and group study facilities, as well as social spaces;
- photocopying, printing, and scanning services, including 3D printing at some locations; and
- TAFE library services throughout Australia via the TAFE National Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme