Course Info - TAFE NSW
Advanced Diploma of Dental Prosthetics
National Course Code: HLT65015
This nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Dental Prosthetics was created for independent prosthetist practitioners looking for skill development in:
- The assessment, treatment and management of removable dentures
- Unique flexible, removable mouth guards for sport
You will learn to:
- Identify, select and prepare instruments, equipment and materials
- Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- Take dental impressions
- Establish and record jaw relationships and select artificial teeth
- Perform maintenance treatment for clients with removable dental prostheses
- Construct and insert an implant retained overdenture
Talk to us today about the study options available to you so that you can take your career in the dental industry further.
There are a few things to note with this course; to start the Advanced Diploma of Dental Prosthetics, you must hold the Diploma of Dental Technology (or its equivalent) and you must have completed at least 240 hours of dental prosthetist clinical practice work (as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency).
Once you have graduated you are able to apply for registration with the Dental Board of Australia.
Coming soon. Register your interest to be notified when more enrolments open.
- Nationally Recognised Training