TD - Why TAFE Digital
Studying online with TAFE Digital
TAFE NSW is the leading provider of education and training in Australia, with industry qualified and experienced staff that bring up-to-date real-world skills directly to you through TAFE Digital.
Studying online is a different experience to attending face-to-face classes on campus. With no weekly timetable for classes, you can enjoy the flexibility of studying when and where it suits you.
You can enrol anytime with TAFE Digital, and once enrolled you’ll receive your own personalised study plan to keep you on track.
The online campus
You’ll have 24/7 access to your online learning platform where you will find everything you need to complete your course including:
- Learning resources such as course notes, practical demonstrations on video, learning activities.
- Details of assessments - these could be essays, reports, quizzes, portfolios or video presentations
- Calendar reminders when assessments are due
- Course progress updates so you can make sure you’re on track with your course
- Links to important websites
- Webinars where a teacher and students can connect and interact with one another. These sessions are usually recorded so students can watch the webinar when it suits them
- Messages and assessment feedback from teachers
- Contact details for teachers
The learning platform is secure and upon enrolment you’ll receive an email with your own, individual login details.
What support is available?
You’re not alone when you study online with TAFE Digital. You’ll have access to:
Typically, each student is allocated a teacher who is their main point of contact. Teachers are available all year round except during the two weeks over the Christmas and New Year break. Teachers keep in touch with students on a regular basis to ensure students stay on track and are fully engaged with their studies.
Students can contact their teacher by:
- Phone during business hours from Monday to Friday.
- Email anytime. A teacher will reply by the next business day.
- Closed Facebook groups where students can connect directly with teachers and other students.
Aboriginal and Education Training Unit
Providing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with help and support to achieve their study goals.
Specialist Disability Consultants
Assisting students with a disability that require support by:
- Providing course and enrolment advice
- Developing Individual Support Plans - tailored to meet each student’s needs
- Arranging adaptive technology such as screen reading software
- Organising reasonable adjustments to learning resources in alternative formats
This is a free service where counsellors:
- Assist students with course choice decisions and career planning
- Talk confidentially about personal matters
Online tutors are available to help students with tasks like essay and report writing, study skills and referencing. Students can make contact with a tutor from 3pm to 11pm Sunday to Friday. Students receive feedback within 24 hours.