Scholarships - Trevor Drayton - Banner
Scholarships - Trevor Drayton - Content
Trevor Drayton Scholarship
The prestigious Trevor Drayton Scholarship was established in 2009 to provide practical and financial support to individuals demonstrating a genuine and active interest in advancing their career in the wine or hospitality industry.
The scholarship is valued at up to $2,500 towards the purchase of resources, experiences or further study.
Closing date: 5 pm Wednesday, 20 November 2019
There are three scholarship categories available:
Applicants must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be enrolled at TAFE NSW in the Hunter or Central Coast regions, in either a culinary, hospitality or winemaking associated course, or
- The applicant must have completed training with TAFE NSW in the culinary, hospitality or winemaking disciplines within the last five (5) years, or
- The applicant must have been employed within the culinary, hospitality or winemaking industries for less than five (5) years. (Special consideration will be given to those applicants enrolled in training or recently graduated from TAFE NSW).
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career within the culinary, hospitality or winemaking industry
- Outline of how they would utilise the monies available through the scholarship to advance their career
- Provide evidence of consistent application to achieving their career goals
- Have the ability and willingness to become an ambassador for their industry, and the Trevor Drayton Scholarship.
Download and complete the application form. Ensure you sign the declaration and attach all relevant supporting documents.
Scan and email the Application form with supporting documents to: email@example.com by 5 pm Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
About Trevor Drayton
The Drayton family planted their first vines in the Hunter Valley in 1853 to become one of Australia’s pioneering wine families. Trevor Drayton, born in 1955, became a fifth generation winemaker who carried on the tradition with distinction, to become widely recognised as an industry icon.
Unfortunately, Trevor’s brilliant career was tragically cut short in 2008, when he lost his life in an industrial accident during harvest.
One year later, a group of friends and associates decided that Trevor’s memory should be honoured by the industry to which he had contributed so much. They established a scholarship programme to assist the next generation of people aspiring to forge a career in the wine and hospitality industry. These scholarships would be tailored to each student’s individual needs, and would aim to help them further their career, to one day achieve the same level of excellence as Trevor.
The Trevor Drayton Scholarship committee held its first fundraising luncheon on the 1st anniversary of Trevor’s death, with the first scholarship being awarded the following year as part of what has now become an important annual fundraising event, attended by members of the industry.