Telstra and TAFE Enterprise - Why we connected
Well-rounded leaders are the lifeblood of any organisation. When Telstra identified an opportunity to upskill 40 of their leading technical experts, they called on TAFE Enterprise to design customised training that addressed their specific business needs.
Telstra needed customised training that:
- built the talent pipeline of thought leaders within Telstra;
- contributed to the ongoing development of technical leaders;
- offered training to participants across multiple locations; and
- offered multiple pathways, including recognition of prior learning.
TAFE Enterprise delivered
Because TAFE Enterprise understand business and, more importantly, listened to Telstra's needs, we:
- conducted a skills gap analysis and created customised training programs for the group and the individual;
- partnered with Telstra to deliver customised training programs and assessments in the workplace;
- delivered the qualifications nationally, throughout a number of states; and
- used a facilitated learning model where expert TAFE Enterprise trainers used a work-integrated problem and solutions approach that was central to the learning process.
Of the Telstra employees who participated in the program, 95% gained new high-level skills. Additionally, Telstra was provided with three customised, high-level qualification programs that they were able to deliver to employees across Australia.