Course Start Date
02 Aug 2022
6 Hours per week
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- Fully Subsidised Course
The nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in Defence Preparation Maths will boost your Math skills and get you ready for the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Recruiting process. Develop skills that are directly related to working with the ADF and will be useful to your future career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Apply math to practical scenarios
- Draw and construct work related shapes (2D and 3D)
- Apply measurement skills to workplace scenarios
- Use and apply ratios, algebra, rates and proportions, geometry and statistics
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Maths and calculation skills
- An interest in building a career in the Australian Defence Force
- Collaboration and teamwork abilities
- Initiative and adaptability
- Integrity and emotional intelligence
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway to pursue a range of learning and career opportunities
- Confidence to apply for the Australian Defence Force test
- The maths skills needed as a new recruit to the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
- Credit toward a Certificate II in Further Study Skills
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate II in Further Study Skills
- Certificate III in Pathways for Further Study
- Entry level trade roles in the Australian Defence Force (Army, Navy, Air Force and the Reserves)
- Australian Defence Force recruit
- Pursuing further study or vocational training beyond Year 10
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, combination course. You must attend approximately 6 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 2.5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 16 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday with morning classes and Wednesday with afternoon classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|NAT11041009||Apply mathematical calculations in personal, educational or vocational contexts|
|NAT11041010||Use and apply ratios, rates and proportions in personal, educational or vocational contexts|
|NAT11041011||Estimate, measure and calculate measurements personal, educational or vocational contexts|
|NAT11041012||Use geometry to draw 2D shapes and construct 3D shapes personal, educational or vocational contexts|
|NAT11041013||Collect, organise and interpret statistical data personal, educational or vocational contexts|
|NAT11041014||Use routine formulas and algebraic expressions personal, educational or vocational contexts|
This short course contains the Maths units of competency required for general entry to the Australian Defence Forces (ADF).Note: general entry into the ADF requires English and Math units; trades entry.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure