Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is essential to work in a wide range of industries including nursing, aged care, building and construction and agriculture. Equip yourself with life-saving skills to take immediate action in an emergency and apply first aid to casualties as well as perform CPR.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Recognise and respond to emergency situations
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Apply first aid principles for a variety of situations, including burns, cuts, allergies or choking
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An interest in helping others
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Confidence to help in emergency first aid situations
- Skills in communication and working under pressure
- Exposure to emergency situations in a safe and simulated environment
- A nationally recognised First Aid Certificate
- Confidence to embark on further studies
- Credit towards a full qualification in multiple industries
- Strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a full qualification in this field? This Statement of Attainment gives you a strong foundation to succeed in several other industries where first aid is a requirement. If further health study is your aim, progress to:
- Certificate III in Health Service Assistance
- Certificate III in Individual Support
Graduates of this Statement of Attainment will go on to be a:
- First aid certified worker
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, combination course. You must attend approximately 14 hours of class.
The course will run 1 days a week for 1 weeks.
You will need to complete approximately 6 hours of online study, and attend one day practical workshop at TAFE Digital, 51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135. You can select the 1 day face-to-face class at a point most suitable over your 6 month enrolment.
You must be able to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult manikin placed on the floor, be able to assess the area for danger, and visually and verbally assess the casualty and be able to assess the environment following DRSABCD in line with ARC Guidelines.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-115 S:14 Oct 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:259