Course Start Date
15 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Business (General) provides you with transferable skills to become a team leader, project administrator or office manager. Strengthen your knowledge of managing systems, budgeting and financial plans, managing business resources and motivating others.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Lead communication protocol in the workplace
- Develop and implement systems to monitor business resources such as external suppliers
- Communicate details of budgets and financial plans to team members
- Research models of critical and creative thinking to support team knowledge and growth
- Establish the scope and objectives of your workplace sustainability policies
- Build a collaborative and innovative team environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative teamwork ethos
- The ability to relate to a diverse range of people
- Strength in planning, organising and self-management
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong study pathway into a Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Credit towards a Bachelor of Business with TAFE Degrees
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Team leader
- Executive assistant (to a senior manager)
- Project administrator
- Office manager
- Account manager
- Business manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career to the next level with a TAFE NSW business study pathway:
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time virtual classroom on campus course. You must attend approximately 15 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 23 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 18 weeks.
Studying at a TAFE NSW Connected Learning Centre means that you dont have to leave your local community to get a first rate education and access elite training, teachers and support services.
Connected Learning Centres are custom designed to utilise modern technologies, simulations and virtual reality experiences to offer you a wider range of choices, more accessible, practical training and flexible learning opportunities. Students can access work booths, group learning rooms, a computer hub, print shop, tech-bar, media lounge, learning support centre and a creative space to work on ideas for the future.
Our Connected Learning Centres will equip you with the skills you need for the jobs you want - in regional NSW, or anywhere in the world. If you would like to explore your local Connected Learning Centre
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with day classes from 9.30am to 4.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- general stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters, and stapler)
- A4 ring binder/dividers, and plastic sleeves for handouts
- a USB storage device, or access to a cloud storage account, will also be required
- access and use of a computer, as well as a fast internet connection, is a requirement to successfully complete this qualification
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBOPS501||Manage business resources|
|BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBHRM527||Coordinate human resource functions and processes|
|BSBMKG542||Establish and monitor the marketing mix|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Yamba Connected Learning Centre
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure