Course Start Date
01 Jul 2022
17 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care gives you the foundational skills to begin your career in the industry. Graduate job-ready armed with work placement experience to give the next generation a flying start with a quality early childhood education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Care for babies and children, ensuring their health and safety
- Promote good nutrition and positive meal experiences
- Use an approved learning framework
- Support holistic development through play and learning where care is meaningful and inclusive
- Identify and respond to children at risk
- Perform emergency First Aid
- Promote cultural competence
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A commitment to the well-being and education of children
- High energy, commitment and dedication to a career in education and care
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional attitude
- Patience and empathy
- An enjoyment of practical tasks
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate level
- Certification that meets the legal requirement to work as an early childhood educator
- A First Aid certificate
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Early childhood educator
- Preschool assistant
- Family day care educator
- Outside school hours educator
- Long daycare centre educator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in School Based Education Support
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Bachelor of Early Childhood (Birth - 5) with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a self paced online course. You will need to complete approximately 17 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study, assignment preparation, participation in webinars and forums, practice of skills, work experience and research.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- learning from qualified Early Childhood Teachers with current skills, knowledge and links to industry
- being closely monitored and supported by the Trainee Teacher
- individual teachers are assigned to trainees to offer face to face visits and assessor visit support
- regular contact is scheduled with all trainee employers/workplace supervisors to ensure best learning outcomes for trainees
- inactive trainees (and their employers) are formally informed of their need to be actively engaged in the course
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
Australian Traineeships training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negotiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees and applying for a deferral to your studies.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CHCECE030||Support inclusion and diversity|
|CHCECE031||Support children's health, safety and wellbeing|
|CHCECE032||Nurture babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE033||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE034||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE035||Support the holistic learning and development of children|
|CHCECE036||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE037||Support children to connect with the natural environment|
|CHCECE038||Observe children to inform practice|
|CHCECE054||Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples' cultures|
|CHCECE055||Meet legal and ethical obligations in children's education and care|
|CHCECE056||Work effectively in children's education and care|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID012||Provide First Aid in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|BSBSTR401||Promote innovation in team environments|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCECE039||Comply with family day care administration requirements|
|CHCECE040||Attend to daily functions in home-based child care|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTFSE001||Follow basic food safety practices|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
TAFE Digital (Traineeship)
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure