Course Start Date
18 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Design gives you the opportunity to explore a creative career while learning the essentials of design principles. Study in purpose-built studios, workspaces and galleries to go on to further study or work in this dynamic field.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Generate design solutions to meet client needs
- Research and apply information using the history and theory of design
- Work with colour processes and colour theory
- Realise a creative project from start to finish
- Be aware of the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An ability to draw and conceptualise
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- The ability to take direction and follow a brief
- An enthusiasm for design and creativity
- Great communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Furniture design assistant
- Junior graphic design assistant
- Interior design assistant
- Jewellery design assistant
- Textile studio assistant
- Fashion studio assistant
- Art supplies retail assistant
- Gallery volunteer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Live Production Design
- Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
- Advanced Diploma of Live Production and Management Services
- Bachelor of Creative Practice with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time on campus course. You must attend approximately 18 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 19 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 4 days a week for 17 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with Day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
Additonal resources will be required to successfully complete this course and will cost approximately $190.00 for materials/consumables, subsidising field trips and visits, safety equipment and/or tool kits and general resources.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBCRT411||Apply critical thinking to work practices|
|CUAACD411||Integrate colour theory and design processes|
|CUADES305||Source and apply information on the history and theory of design|
|CUADES411||Generate design solutions|
|CUADES412||Interpret and respond to a design brief|
|CUAPPR411||Realise a creative project|
|CUAWHS312||Apply work health and safety practices|
|BSBCRT413||Collaborate in creative processes|
|CUAACD314||Make scale models|
|CUADES413||Develop and extend design skills and practice|
|CUADRA401||Experiment with techniques to produce drawings|
|CUAGRD411||Research and apply graphic design techniques|
|CUAILL401||Develop and refine illustrative work|
|CUAIND411||Extend expertise in specialist creative fields|
|ICPPRP3250||Create graphics using graphics applications|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure