Course Start Date
18 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Health Services Assistance equips you to become an essential part of a health care team in acute or aged care facilities. You'll learn the skills and knowledge to support nurses in the care of patients with different needs and to respond to emergency health situations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Take and record essential health markers such as temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure and blood glucose
- Record intake and output on fluid balance chart and/or food chart
- Measure and record weight
- Collect urine, sputum or faecal specimens
- Understand human body functions and medical terminology
- Practise workplace health and safety measures and infection prevention and control
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A joy for helping people
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Good organisation and time management
- Patience and empathy
- Effective communication
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to becoming an enrolled nurse
- Health service assistant
- Personal care assistant
- Hospital orderly
- Nurses assistant
- Patient support assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 9 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 9 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are either new entrants or existing workers from either health or non health industries, and
- would like to work as health care assistants or AIN assistants in health or in related industries
- may be from a wide variety of age groups and ethnicities
- have a good level of language and literacy
- are able to work independently with little supervision.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- HLTAIN001 (Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment) :
- students will have an option to choose and complete this elective unit, which requires completion of 80 hours in an acute care environment (i.e. Hospital settings only).
- students are required to organise their own work placement, and the healthcare facility chosen to complete this work placement unit must be approved by the TAFE Digital course teacher. Please contact the teaching section on 131 601 for more information about this.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You may continue with an enrolment into this course if you are not eligible for subsidised training, however the full training fee will be applicable. There are conditions to enrolment if you are a Temporary Visa Holder. To discuss your visa status and eligibility to enrol please phone 131 601.
For further information on fees and charges please see https://www.tafensw.edu.au/get-started-at-tafe-nsw/fees-information
Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees, applying for a deferral to your studies and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Textbooks as are recommended for this course
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|BSBFLM312||Contribute to team effectiveness|
|CHCCCS002||Assist with movement|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCCCS010||Maintain a high standard of service|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTAIN002||Provide non-client contact support in an acute care environment|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-063 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364