Course Start Date
31 Jan 2022
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Information Technology is your connection to an exciting career as an IT technician, IT support, help desk officer, or ICT customer service representative. With TAFE NSW, you'll learn from specialist teachers and build industry-standard skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use critical thinking skills
- Securely manage sensitive and personally identifiable information
- Apply introductory programming techniques
- Liaise with clients and provide advice
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Adhere to ethics and privacy policies within the industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- An analytical mind with creative problem-solving techniques
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Digital literacy
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Information technology technician
- Information technology support
- Help desk officer
- Customer service representative (ICT)
- Client support officer (ICT)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time on campus course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3-4 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday with day classes, Tuesday with afternoon classes, and Friday with morning classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBCRT301||Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills|
|BSBXCS303||Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information|
|BSBXTW301||Work in a team|
|ICTICT313||Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTSAS305||Provide ICT advice to clients|
|ICTICT303||Connect internal hardware components|
|ICTCLD301||Evaluate characteristics of cloud computing solutions and services|
|ICTICT302||Install and optimise operating system software|
|ICTSAS308||Run standard diagnostic tests|
|ICTWEB304||Build simple web pages|
|ICTWEB305||Produce digital images for the web|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
205 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure