Course Start Date
2 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Information Technology (Web Development) gives you the skills you need to launch your career as a web developer. Strengthen your IT expertise, gain a broad range of skills to design and build websites, and set yourself up for success in a growing industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Apply introductory programming techniques
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- Identify and resolve client information and communications technology (ICT) problems
- Contribute to cyber security risk management
- Work collaboratively in the ICT industry and comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- Build project-based websites
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A positive approach to problem-solving
- An analytical mind
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Web development skills that can be applied to a number of roles and industries
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Web developer or technical writer
- Webmaster assistant
- Website coordinator
- Website or web support administrator
- Assistant web designer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Engineering, Network Security or Cyber Security) with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a variable, combination course. You must attend approximately 2 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 20 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 days a week for 49 weeks.
This course is offered by Virtual Classroom. This is just like a regular classroom, but teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location using video conferencing equipment or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Friday with morning classes/workshops that can be accessed online from work, home or your local campus. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|BSBCRT404||Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes|
|BSBXCS404||Contribute to cyber security risk management|
|ICTICT426||Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices|
|ICTICT443||Work collaboratively in the ICT industry|
|ICTICT451||Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTSAS432||Identify and resolve client ICT problems|
|ICTWEB430||Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB441||Produce basic client-side script|
|ICTWEB444||Create responsive website layouts|
|ICTWEB445||Implement content management systems|
|ICTWEB451||Apply structured query language in relational databases|
|ICTDBS416||Create basic relational databases|
|ICTWEB431||Create and style simple markup language documents|
|ICTWEB432||Design website layouts|
|ICTWEB433||Confirm accessibility of websites|
|ICTWEB434||Transfer content to websites|
|ICTWEB443||Implement search engine optimisations|
|ICTWEB450||Evaluate and select a web hosting service|
|ICTWEB452||Create a markup language document|
Client Support Officer (ICT)
Network Operations Technician
Software Support Technician
Technical Officer (ICT)
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22INV-036 S:18 Jul 2022 E:23 Jun 2023 D:340