Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Retail Services equips you with important customer service and merchandising experience for an exciting career as a retail professional in the dynamic retail sector. Learn how to engage customers and ensure workplace safety with practical, real world training.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Interact with customers
- Manage feedback and complaints
- Use equipment including Point of Sale and scanning technology
- Receive and handle stock and deliveries
- Engage customers in-person
- Observe safety for customers and colleagues
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for retail
- Teamwork skills and a preference to work with people
- Confidence interacting with customers
- A hard-working attitude
- A desire to learn new things and develop their skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- General retail assistant
- Frontline team member
- Customer service assistant
- Customer service professional
- Point-of-sale operator
- Checkout worker
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III in Retail Services
- Certificate IV in Retail Management
- Diploma of Retail Leadership
- Diploma of Retail Merchandise Management
- Diploma in Visual Merchandising
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, on campus course. You must attend approximately 14 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 16 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 12 weeks.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have an interest or some experience in this type of work.
- are seeking to increase their skills and knowledge so they can seek employment or further training in this vocational area.
This qualification meets industry needs by providing students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in retail operations. Work would include settings such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores and retail fast food outlets. This program will give the student an opportunity to practice and develop retail skills towards gaining a position as a frontline team member, customer service assistant or a point-of-sale operator.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with Day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|SIRXCEG001||Engage the customer|
|SIRXCOM001||Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes|
|SIRXIND001||Work effectively in a service environment|
|SIRXIND003||Organise personal work requirements|
|SIRXPDK001||Advise on products and services|
|SIRXRSK001||Identify and respond to security risks|
|SIRXWHS002||Contribute to workplace health and safety|
|SIRRINV001||Receive and handle retail stock|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
|SIRXIND002||Organise and maintain the store environment|
|SIRXIND004||Plan a career in the retail industry|
|SIRXSLS002||Follow point-of-sale procedures|
Cashier, Retail Liquor Outlet Attendant, Food Sales Assistant (Fast Food Outlets),Retail Assistant, Customer service assistant
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure