Why TAFE - Landing
Why you should choose TAFE NSW
Changing lives and opening up opportunities through learning
TAFE NSW is a leading provider of education and training in Australia, with industry qualified and experienced staff that bring up-to-date real-world skills directly to the classroom. We have over 130 years of history, and our courses and facilities are internationally-renowned.
Our courses and degrees can help put you on the path to where you want to be. With over 25,000 employer connections, our graduates can be assured that their qualifications are well regarded.
TAFE NSW has over 130 locations in New South Wales and a wide variety of classroom and online delivery study options to suit your lifestyle, aspirations and individual circumstances. So whether you’re fresh out of school, looking for a change of career, seeking new skills or a higher qualification, TAFE NSW has a course for you.
Why TAFE NSW - Section 3
Why TAFE NSW - Section 4
TAFE NSW provides
- Industry-standard training facilities
- Professional teachers with real-world experience
- Courses that are developed with industry partners
- Pathways to higher education
- Student support services
TAFE NSW locations
- 32 campuses in metropolitan Sydney
- 98 campuses in cities and towns around NSW
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Friendly and relaxed campus lifestyle
- Region-specific courses and activities
- Easy public transport options
TAFE NSW teachers
- Are dedicated, supportive and friendly
- Teach in small class sizes
- Use up-to-date teaching materials and equipment
- Have educational and industry qualifications and experience
Why TAFE NSW - Section 5
Each TAFE NSW campus has a range of services and dedicated facilities to assist you throughout your study experience.
You will have access to a range of support and facilities including:
- Student association membership which provides opportunities for social and recreational activities with local students
- Childcare facilities
- Careers advice
- Help with finding a job
- Résumé writing and preparing for a job interview
- Counselling for study and other personal matters
Note: Not all TAFE NSW locations have all of these services. To find out what services your location has, please contact TAFE NSW directly.
Why TAFE NSW - Section 6
Four great reasons to study with TAFE NSW
Gain valuable experience
Our courses are recognised for their hands-on approach to skills training. Our strong connections with over 25,000 industry partners means many of our courses come with built-in internships and work placements to enhance your employability and career prospects. In some instances, you can even start earning while you’re still learning.
Prior recognition can reduce your amount of required learning and allow you to achieve your qualification faster. Get advanced entry based on previous related studies you have completed, as well as your previously gained skills or knowledge, relevant to your course. Find out more about recognition and credit transfers.
Even though we offer hundreds of courses, including certificates, diplomas and degrees, our small class sizes and personalised approach gives you greater access to a quality education, boosting your skills along the way.
Study on your terms
TAFE NSW offers a variety of study options to suit all of our students. Some courses offer a mix of classroom and online delivery, so whether you want to commit to full-time study, or need to balance study with work and personal commitments, we have an option that’s perfect for you. Find out more about our study options.
76.5% student satisfaction
TAFE NSW received the second highest score for overall graduate satisfaction compared to NSW universities – and we’re doing everything we can to take that top spot!