Enterprise - Training Solutions - AgSkilled - Top
Be productive in the Cotton and Grain industries
Enterprise - AgSkilled - Landing - Content
What is AgSkilled?
AgSkilled is a new vocational training program funded by the NSW Government with industry partners Cotton Australia and Grains Research & Development Corporation. It provides the cotton and grains industries with vocational training funding to increase the skills levels of existing workers and attract new people to the industry. Over the next 3 years, $14.7 million has been allocated for training.
What you'll receive
Training, fully subsidised by the NSW Government, pending a successful eligibility check – please see further below for eligibility criteria.
What courses does TAFE NSW offer that are covered by AgSkilled?
- Certificate II in Agriculture (AHC20116)
- Certificate III in Agriculture (AHC30116)
- Certificate IV in Agriculture (AHC40116)
- Diploma of Agriculture (AHC50116)
- Advanced Diploma in Agribusiness Management (AHC60316)
- Certificate II in Cotton Ginning (LMT20407)
- Certificate III in Cotton Ginning (LMT30307)
- Certificate IV in Governance (BSB40915)
- Fumigation Operations
- GIS Essentials
- GIS Analysis & Problem Solving Skill Set
- Cotton Picker Operation
- Cotton Picker Maintenance
- Agribusiness Solutions (Cotton and Grain Industry)
- Operate Quad Bike
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- On-Farm Business Management (Cotton and Grain Industry)
- Work Safely at Heights (Resource and Infrastructure)
- Side-by-side Vehicles
- Forklift Licence
- Tractor Operations
Statement of Attainment
- Introduction to Welding and Thermal Cutting
- Agricultural Chemical Skill Set
- Drone in Agriculture
- Frontend Loader Operations
You must be either currently working in or seeking employment in the NSW cotton or grains industry. In addition, you must meet the following Smart and Skilled eligibility requirements of:
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- Living or working in NSW
- No longer at school
- 15 years old or over
Industry professionals such as agronomists, researchers and consultants are also eligible for funding in many circumstances, depending on the type of training and their level of involvement in the cotton or grain industries.
Please note: a requirement of your enrolment includes providing your USI (Unique Student Identifier). The USI register is an Australia-wide registry and provides ongoing access to your records and results. You can register and obtain your USI at usi.gov.au
How to Apply?
Applications are open year-round.
- Complete an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Submit your EOI to AgSkilled@tafensw.edu.au
- Once received, TAFE NSW will review your EOI and contact you to outline the options available to you.
- TAFE NSW will notify you once your application has been approved.
For further information
Call 131 601 or Email AgSkilled@tafensw.edu.au