Course Start Date
4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Retail gives you the essential skills and knowledge you need for a career in retail. If you want to be a sales assistant, customer-service representative or retail supervisor, this course is an ideal pathway for employment and further study.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Build customer relationships and loyalty
- Work effectively in a team
- Work effectively in a service environment
- Identify and respond to security risks
- Contribute to workplace health and safety
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong customer-service skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate III level
- Strong pathways to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Frontline sales assistant
- Customer service representative
- Shop assistant
- Retail supervisor
- Merchandise coordinator
- Sales supervisor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Retail Management
- Diploma of Visual Merchandising
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a workbased course. This program is designed with a foundation of workplace learning over a period of 2 years.
This program is designed with a foundation of workplace learning over a period of 2 years. You will be employed in the retail industry for approximately 35 to 38 hours per week.
The formal knowledge component of the program will be supported by learning resources and on the job assessment. You will build the majority of your skills and knowledge development through your employment on the job.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of work hours for private study, online learning activities, research and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are working within a registered traineeship contract.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Students with special education needs may access support through the following:
- specialist support staff, facilities and learning materials for students with disabilities.
- providing the opportunity to develop skills in real industry settings.
- providing a safe and healthy learning environment - both within TAFE and during work placement.
- counselling and careers advisory services.
- specialist staff to assist with language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- specialist support staff for ATSI students and students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Students also have access to libraries where they can borrow a range of resources and get personalised help from library support staff. Libraries also provide access to online resources (eBooks, eJournals, eVideos) that are available from any computer and most mobile devices. Free WiFi and charged printing and photocopying are also available.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled for workplace trainees. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|SIRXCEG002||Assist with customer difficulties|
|SIRXCEG003||Build customer relationships and loyalty|
|SIRXWHS002||Contribute to workplace health and safety|
|SIRXCEG001||Engage the customer|
|SIRXRSK001||Identify and respond to security risks|
|SIRXSLS001||Sell to the retail customer|
|SIRXIND001||Work effectively in a service environment|
|SIRXCOM002||Work effectively in a team|
|SIRXSLS002||Follow point-of-sale procedures|
|SIRXIND002||Organise and maintain the store environment|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
|BSBMKG401||Profile the market|
|SIRRINV001||Receive and handle retail stock|
|SIRRSTY001||Style the customer|
|SIRXMGT001||Supervise and support frontline team members|
|SIRXMKT001||Support marketing and promotional activities|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|
|SIRXPDK001||Advise on products and services|
|SIRXIND005||Develop personal productivity|
|ICTWEB201||Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement|
|SIRXMKT002||Use social media to engage customers|
|SIRRMER002||Merchandise food products|
|SIRXIND003||Organise personal work requirements|
|SIRRRTF001||Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal|
|SIRWSLS002||Analyse and achieve sales targets|
|SIRWSLS003||Build sales of branded products|
|SIRXPDK002||Advise on food products and services|
|SIRRMER003||Coordinate visual merchandising activities|
|SIRXCOM003||Promote team cohesion|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
11 College Avenue, Oak Flats
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21SHB-999 S:02 Jan 2021 E:31 Dec 2021 D:363