Course Start Date
11 Mar 2022
7 Hours per week
- Non Government Subsidised
The Responsible Conduct of Gaming (RCG) opens your career opportunities to gain work gambling industry. Learn to provide responsible gambling services and manage patrons using gaming machines in your establishment with a Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) card.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Provide responsible gambling services to customers
- Promote safety (harm minimisation) in venues where there are gaming machines
- Recognise gambling problems and addiction
- Follow legal and organisational procedures
- Stay up to date with the latest gambling law
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Judgement skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- An interim RCG certification that allows you to work immediately in gaming venues across NSW, before applying for competency card
- Knowledge of regulations and legislation around gaming responsibilities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Statement of Attainment in Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
Graduates go on to roles including:
- Gaming attendant
- Table game attendant
- Food and beverage attendant
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a Part Time Face to Face course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 1 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 day.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Friday all day class. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Foleys Lane, North Wollongong
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure