International Course Info
This course will provide training in permaculture for those who are working as project managers on permaculture community development projects, and those seeking to become permaculture systems designers and/or consultants.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
This course is eligible for Destination Australia Scholarship in selected regional campuses in TAFE NSW.
For more details visit the Destination Australia page.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|National Environment Centre||Feb , Apr||A$13,750|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|National Environment Centre||Feb||A$13,750|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules - To achieve this qualification competency must be demonstrated in:12 units of competency:
- 5 core units plus 7 elective units
- Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualifications Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid industry supported vocational outcome. The electives are chosen as follows:
- Select 4 units from Group A, Select 1 unit from Group A or B
- 2 units may be selected from Group B or from this or any other endorsed Training Package or Accredited Course
- Selected units must be relevant to job outcomes in Permaculture and must be chosen to ensure the integrity of the qualification outcome at AQF level 5.
- Core Units
- AHCPER401 Provide advice on permaculture principles and practices
- AHCPER502 Design an integrated permaculture system
- AHCPER503 Develop a strategic plan for a permaculture project or enterprise
- AHCPER504 Manage a permaculture project or enterprise
- AHCPER507 Research and interpret requirements for a permaculture project
- AHCORG402 Manage organic livestock production
- AHCORG403 Manage organic soil improvement
- AHCPER413 Evaluate suitability of species as solutions for permaculture applications
- AHCPER501 Carry out permaculture field research
- AHCPER505 Plan and supervise the implementation of permaculture project works
- AHCPER506 Develop a relocalisation or transition project
- AHCPER508 Manage a permaculture aid and development project
- AHCPER509 Design permaculture structures and features
- AHCPER510 Prepare a sustainable community and bioregional development strategy
- AHCPER511 Facilitate participatory planning and learning activities
- AHCPER512 Plan community governance and decision making processes
- AHCAGB518 Develop climate risk management strategies
- AHCBUS513 Market products and services
- AHCBUS514 Negotiate and monitor contracts
- AHCBUS516 Develop and review a business plan
- AHCCCF501 Evaluate project submissions
- AHCCCF506 Manage the incorporation of a group
- AHCILM506 Operate within community cultures and goals
- AHCNAR501 Manage natural areas on a rural property
- AHCORG507 Develop an organic and biodynamic management plan
- AHCORG508 Prepare the enterprise for organic and biodynamic certification
- AHCSAW502 Plan erosion and sediment control measures
- AHCWRK509 Provide specialist advice to clients
- AHCWRK511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- CHCCDE012 Work within organisation and government structures to enable community development outcomes
- CHCVOL003 Recruit, induct and support volunteers
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.