International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
Package Entry Requirement
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 with no score lower than 5.5 in any band (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or equivalent
- Or Completion of the TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
Work placement helps you to apply your learning in a real-world environment. You will gain exposure to circumstances that cannot be experienced in a learning or simulated environment.
This course includes a total of 120 hours of work placement in an approved children's service. You will also be required to participate in an eight-hour day of structured work placement orientation, plus another four-hour session.
A teacher will secure a work placement for you and assist with coordinating the workplace learning and other workplace activities you will undertake.
It's important to know that work placements generally only begin after your teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from working in the industry. As this is a learning opportunity, you will not be paid for your time.
Before you start work placement:
- You must complete a Working With Children Check (WWCC) to participate in child-related work.
To be prepared for this course, you must be:
- Committed to completing the course work and workplace learning
- Physically fit to undertake tasks such as manual lifting
- Physically fit to provide First Aid, including performing CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) while kneeling on the floor
If you require support in preparation for study, contact us about your options.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011), the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements.
To understand Australian licensing requirements, please visit: ACECQA
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Bankstown||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Glendale||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Nirimba||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Randwick||Feb (Full) , Jul||A$8,150|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$8,150|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- Total number of units = 18
- 15 core units
- 3 elective units, of which: at least 1 must be selected from the electives listed, and up to 2 units may be selected from any endorsed Training Packages or accredited courses – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
- Core Units:
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children\'s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
- CHCECE014 Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCECE015 Attend to daily functions in home based child care
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCPRT003 Work collaboratively to maintain an environment safe for children and young people
- CHCSAC004 Support the holistic development of children in school age care
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- SRCCRO008B Interact positively with infants,toddlers and parents in a recreation environment
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Early Childhood study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Master your skills with the TAFE NSW Degrees - Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth – 5)
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.