International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 79
- See the TAFE NSW Bachelor courses entry requirements page for all acceptable minimum English Language and Academic requirements.
- Portfolio of 8-12 examples of art/design related work
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Year One - FDDES101A Fashion design foundations
- Year One - FDDES102A Applied colour theory
- Year One - FDREA101A Fashion realisation 1
- Year One - FDTEX101A Fashion textiles
- Year One - FDVIS101A Fashion illustration 1
- Year One - FDVIS102A Digital visualisation
- Year One - FDCUL101A Fashion design and culture
- Year One - FDDES103A Fashion design processes
- Year One - FDREA102A Fashion realisation 2
- Year One - FDVIS103A Fashion illustration 2
- Year Two - FDVIS201A Fashion illustration 3
- Year Two - FDDES201A Design for speciality markets 1
- Year Two - FDREA201A Fashion realisation 3
- Year Two - FDTEX201A Textile print design
- Year Two - FDPFL201A Professional fashion design practice
- Year Two - FDVIS202A Fashion illustration 4
- Year Two - FDDES202A Design for speciality markets 2
- Year Two - FDREA202A Fashion realisation 4
- Year Two - FDCOU201A Couture studio 1
- Year Two - FDMEN201A Menswear studio 1
- Year Two - FDPFL202A Fashion Branding Strategies 1
- Year Two - FDTEX202A Fashion textile studio 1
- Year Two - FDTLR201A Tailoring studio 1
- Year Three - FDDES301A Fashion design studio 1
- Year Three - FDDES302A Forming, testing and refining ideas
- Year Three - FDPFL302A Global fashion design practice
- Year Three - FDREA301A Fashion realisation 5
- Year Three - FDDES303A Fashion design studio 2
- Year Three - FDREA302A Fashion realisation n 6
- Year Three - FDVIS301A Digital brand communication
- Year Three - FDCOU301A Couture studio 2
- Year Three - FDMEN301A Menswear studio 2
- Year Three - FDPFL301A Fashion branding strategies 2
- Year Three - FDTEX301A Fashion textile studio 2
- Year Three - FDTLR301A Tailoring studio 2
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.