International Course Info
This course is for people who want to be competent in designing, building and/or managing websites as an independent web developer or as part of a team. Persons working at this level create dynamic web pages, web programs, websites and conduct research into emerging web technology trends.
Licensing/Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$13,390|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =20
- 8 core units plus 12 elective units
- The elective units consist of up to 12 from the elective units listed below
- Up to 4 from elsewhere in ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package or any other Training Package or accredited course at Diploma of Advanced Diploma level.
- The elective units chosen must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs.
- Core Units
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTDBS504 Integrate database with a website
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTICT515 Verify client business requirements
- ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website
- ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB503 Create web based programs
- ICTWEB516 Research and apply emerging web technology trends
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICTDBS415 Build a database
- ICTICT406 Build a graphical user interface
- ICTICT503 Validate quality and completeness of system design specifications
- ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT514 Identify and manage the implementation of current industry specific technologies
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organization
- ICTNWK421 Install, configure and test network security
- ICTNWK514 Model preferred system solutions
- ICTPMG501 Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG413 Use a library or pre-existing components
- ICTPRG415 Apply skills in object oriented design
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG425 Use structured query language
- ICTPRG430 Apply introductory object oriented language skills
- ICTPRG503 Debug and monitor applications
- ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- ICTPRG505 Build advanced user interface
- ICTPRG506 Design application architecture
- ICTPRG507 Implement security for applications
- ICTPRG509 Build using rapid application development
- ICTPRG512 Prepare for the build phase of an ICT system
- ICTPRG513 Coordinate the build phase of an ICT system
- ICTPRG515 Review developed software
- ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object oriented language skills
- ICTPRG531 Prepare for application development using current methods
- ICTPRG532 Apply advanced object oriented language skills
- ICTPRG601 Develop advanced mobile multi touch applications
- ICTSAD501 Model data objects
- ICTSAD502 Model data processes
- ICTSAD506 Produce a feasibility report
- ICTSAS504 Develop and conduct client acceptance test
- ICTSAS505 Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTSAS519 Perform systems tests
- ICTTEN516 Produce technical solutions from business specifications
- ICTWEB504 Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTWEB505 Develop complex web page layouts
- ICTWEB506 Develop complex cascading style sheets
- ICTWEB508 Develop website information architecture
- ICTWEB509 Use site server tools for transaction management
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a University Bachelor Degree with guaranteed credit at Australian universities. You will be required to complete a TAFE NSW application form & University application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.