International Course Info
The accredited Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care equips you with specialised skills in childhood development to become an educational leader, supervisor or manager in early childhood education and care.
You will graduate with the ability to lead teams and be able to design, implement and evaluate education programs. Advance your knowledge and professional practice in providing safe, meaningful and inclusive care and education, and mentor others to deliver innovative programs for young children.
At TAFE NSW, you will study with teachers who are experts in this field and benefit from work placement with our leading industry partners.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 6.0 with no score lower than 5.5 in any band (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Work placement helps you to apply your learning in a real-world environment. You will gain exposure to circumstances that cannot be experienced in a learning or simulated environment.
This course includes a minimum of 240 hours of work placement in an approved children's service.
A teacher will secure a work placement for you and assist with coordinating the workplace learning and other workplace activities you will undertake.
It's important to know that work placements generally only begin after your teacher is satisfied that you are ready to benefit from working in the industry. As this is a learning opportunity, you will not be paid for your time.
In NSW, graduates need a minimum of one year of work experience before they can apply for the role of an authorised supervisor of a child care centre.
See the Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) requirements.
Before you start work placement
Before work placement begins, all students must:
- Complete a Working with Children Check to participate in child-related work. This includes student placements and volunteers
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you are:
- Committed to completing the course work and workplace learning
- Passionate about early childhood education
- Physically fit to undertake tasks associated with your work placement such as manual lifting and first aid responses, including performing CPR while kneeling on the floor
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Wollongbar||Feb , Jul||A$21,645|
|Wollongong||Feb , Jul||A$21,645|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
Packaging Rules:Total number of units = 28
- 23 core units
- 5 elective units, of which at least 2 must be selected from the elective units listed, and up to 3 units may be selected from any endorsed Training Packages oraccredited courses relevant to the work outcome. All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supportedvocational outcome.
Core Units:CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behavior
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote Children\'s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCINM002 Meet community information needs
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCSAC005 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in school age care
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organization
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- PSPMNGT605B Manage diversity
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Explore your degree options
- When you successfully complete this course you can apply for Bachelor of Education Early Childhood (Birth-5) degree program with credits.
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning. Credits greatly reduce your study workload and the course length.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.