International Course Info
The Bachelor of Property Valuation is a three year professional degree that prepares graduates for work as a property valuer in a range of contexts across residential, commercial and public sectors, both nationally and internationally. Whilst focussing on the skills required to work professionally as a property valuer, the course will also provide preparation for a number of specialised areas of valuation practice.Students will actively engage and experiment with property valuation techniques and processes, as well as undertaking site visits and regular field trips, and ongoing interacting with industry practitioners. Students will gain the skills and expertise to value any real property across sectors. Graduates of the course will have the knowledge and skills required to practice as a registered valuer in NSW, and to apply to become an Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 79
- Year 12 Maths
- Essay (300-400 Words)the subject heading is - The Role of a Property Valuer and their place in the property industry.
- See the TAFE NSW Bachelor courses entry requirements page for all acceptable minimum English Language and Academic requirements.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb (Full) , Jul||A$46,080|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$47,040|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Year One - PVVAL101A Foundation valuation concepts
- Year One - PVVAL102A Property valuation technologies
- Year One - PVVAL103A Planning and spatial analysis
- Year One - PVVAL104A Property law 1
- Year One - PVVAL105A Introduction to financial theory
- Year One - PVVAL106A Residential construction
- Year One - PVVAL107A Residential valuation
- Year One - PVVAL108A Property economics
- Year Two - PVVAL201A Property law II
- Year Two - PVVAL202A Applied financial theory
- Year Two - PVVAL203A Industrial and insurance valuation
- Year Two - PVVAL204A Property accounting and taxation
- Year Two - PVVAL205A Commercial valuation
- Year Two - PVVAL206A Rural valuation
- Year Two - PVVAL207A Commercial construction
- Year Two - PVVAL208A Property investment and feasibility
- Year Three - PVVAL301A Retail valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL302A Specialised and government valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL303A Statutory valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL304A Risk and ethical valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL305A Valuation research project
- Year Three - PVVAL306A Property finance and development
- Year Three - PVVAL307A Agribusiness valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL309A Goods, Chattels, plant and machinery valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL311A Seniors housing valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL308A Going concern valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL310A Lodging industry valuation
- Year Three - PVVAL312A Advanced statutory valuation
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.