International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Certificate IV in Interior Decoration or relevant industry experience
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
- For direct entry into this course a submission of a portfolio, design or written task is required for assessment.
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you:
- Are passionate about interior design
- Have a critical and creative eye
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the desire to advocate the importance of architectural significance
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No Licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Lidcombe||Feb , Jul||A$21,090|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 27
- 10 core units 17 elective units consisting of
- At least 11 units from Groups A and B with at least 5 from Group A
- up to 6 additional units from Group A, Group B any endorsed Training Package or accredited course these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
- Units selected from other Training Package and accredited courses must not duplicate units available within this qualification.
- Core Units
- BSBDES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- BSBDES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- BSBDES502 Establish negotiate and refine a design brief
- MSFID4013 Design residential interior lighting
- MSFID4014 Produce digital models and documentation for interior design projects
- MSFID4016 Design colour schemes for interior and exterior spaces
- MSFID5020 Design residential interiors
- MSFID5021 Evaluate site structure and services for interior design briefs
- MSFID5022 Explore and apply creative design methodology to interior space
- MSFID5025 Develop residential interior design project documentation
- BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBDES403 Develop and extend design skills and practice
- CPPBDN4001 Research and evaluate construction materials and methods for building design projects
- CUAANM303 Create 3D digital modes
- CUADES403 Research and apply techniques in spatial design
- CUADIG304 Create visual design components
- CUAILL401 Develop and refine illustrative work
- CUAPPR503 Present a body of own creative work
- MSFFDT4012 Research furniture styles and movements
- MSFGN4001 Research and meet ethical and compliance requirements
- MSFID4015 Prepare materials and finishes boards for client presentation
- MSFID4018 Research and recommend hard materials and finishes for interiors
- MSFID5016 Develop decoration proposals for complex sites
- MSFID5017 Develop event decoration proposals
- MSFID5027 Research and recommend colour applications and finishes
- MSFID5028 Research and recommend artwork
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Explore Your Degree Options
Master your talent with the TAFE NSW - Bachelor of Interior Design
When you finish this course, you may be eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Interior Design degree at the Design Centre Enmore - one of Australia's best design schools. Gain skills, experience and a qualification that helps you stand out from the crowd.
If you already have skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.