International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- Students are required to have a High School pass in Mathematics or Physics to apply for this course
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$23,230|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$23,320|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- Completion of the seven (7) core units of competency listed below, and
- Completion of twenty three (23) elective units, to bring the total number of units to thirty (30)
- Core Units
- MEM16006A Organise and communicate information
- MEM16008A Interact with computing technology
- MEM22001A Perform engineering activities
- MEM22002A Manage self in the engineering environment
- MEM30007A Select common engineering materials
- MEM30012A Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM23129A Evaluate thermal loads for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration
- MEM23113A Evaluate hydrodynamic systems and system components
- MEM14085A Apply mechanical engineering analysis techniques
- MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
- MEM09157A Perform mechanical engineering design drafting
- MEM09204A Produce basic engineering detail drawings
- MEM12024A Perform computations
- MEM22013A Coordinate engineering projects
- MEM23003A Operate and program computers and/or controllers in engineering situations
- MEM23004A Apply technical mathematics
- MEM23006A Apply fluid and thermodynamics principles in engineering
- MEM23007A Apply calculus to engineering tasks
- MEM23063A Select and test mechanical engineering materials
- MEM23109A Apply engineering mechanics principles
- MEM30005A Calculate force systems within simple beam structures
- MEM30006A Calculate stresses in simple structures
- MEM30025A Analyse a simple electrical system circuit
- MEM30027A Prepare basic programs for programmable logic controllers
- MSS402061A Use SCADA systems in operations
- MSS403021A Facilitate a Just in Time system
- MEM23120A Select mechanical machine and equipment components
- MEM15001B Perform basic statistical quality control
- MEM23114A Evaluate thermodynamic systems and components
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.