International Course Info
This course is for people who want to be competent in the designing, developing and building websites using a range of website technologies.
Licensing /Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$9,370|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 22
- 8 core units plus 14 elective units
- The elective units consist of: All units from one of the following specialist groups Group A Administration, Group B Design and development
- Of the remaining elective units up to 10 may be from the specialist elective groups below or from Group C general elective units below
- Up to 4 may be from elsewhere in ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package or any other Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV or Diploma level.
- The elective units chosen must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs.
- Core Units
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTWEB401 Design a website to meet technical requirements
- ICTWEB402 Confirm accessibility of websites for people with special needs
- ICTWEB403 Transfer content to a website using commercial packages
- ICTWEB424 Evaluate and select a web hosting service
- ICTWEB429 Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB404 Maintain website performance
- ICTWEB405 Monitor traffic and compile website traffic reports
- ICTWEB406 Create website testing procedures
- ICTWEB407 Conduct operational acceptance tests of websites
- ICTWEB408 Ensure basic website security
- ICTDBS403 Create basic databases
- ICTWEB411 Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB425 Apply structured query language to extract and manipulate data
- ICTWEB430 Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- CUAPPM407 Create storyboards
- ICTICT403 Apply software development methodologies
- ICTICT407 Maintain website information standards
- ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
- ICTICT420 Develop client user interface
- ICTICT427 Identify, evaluate and apply current industry-specific technologies to meet industry standards
- ICTNWK409 Create scripts for networking
- ICTPMG401 Support small scale ICT projects
- ICTPRG405 Automate processes
- ICTWEB410 Apply web authoring tool to convert client data for websites
- ICTWEB412 Produce interactive web animation
- ICTWEB413 Optimise search engines
- ICTWEB414 Design simple web page layouts
- ICTWEB416 Customise content management system
- ICTWEB417 Integrate social web technologies
- ICTWEB421 Ensure website content meets technical protocols and standards
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
- When you finish this course you may be eligible to apply for the Diploma of Website Development (RP10335)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a University Bachelor Degree with guaranteed credit at Australian universities. You will be required to complete a TAFE NSW application form & University application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.