International Course Info
The accredited Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling equips you with the technicial skills you need to take your career to the next level as a wall and floor tile professional. Learn to transform beautiful residential and commercial buildings, and build long-lasting relationships with clients.
This course provides you with everything you will need to know about tiling. You will gain on-the-job experience, as you develop a range of technical skills that can be used across the building and construction industry as a qualified tiler.
TAFE NSW is the leading provider of education and training in Australia, with over 130 years of history. Our courses are designed in close consultation with industry, so you graduate with relevant, up-to-date skills and knowledge.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English Language Program
- Successfully complete the General Induction Training (White Card) which will allow you entry into a construction worksite.
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
Work placements generally only begin after you have had a reasonable amount of contact with your teacher and they are satisfied that you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties.
Before you start work placement all students must:
- Provide evidence of a White Card
Work Placement Hours
- This course includes 400 hours of mandatory work placement, to be undertaken within the painting and decorating industry to ensure you are able to practice your skills and embed your knowledge.
- During work placement you are required to complete a log book to evidence the 400 hours of completed work placement.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Are able to work independently and with other people
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have a reasonable level of fitness to lay tiles on the floor
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules:
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- Total of 19 units of competency:
- 16 core units
- 3 elective units
- Core Units
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCOHS2001A Apply Occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCWF2001A Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- CPCCWF2002A Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCWF3001A Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- CPCCWF3002A Fix floor tiles
- CPCCWF3003A Fix wall tiles
- CPCCWF3004A Repair wall and floor tiles
- CPCCWF3006A Carry out mosaic tiling
- CPCCWF3007A Tile curved surfaces
- CPCCWP3002A Apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas
- CPCCWF3005A Carry out decorative tiling
- CPCCWF3008A Tile domestic pools and spas
- BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCC02013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your Wall and Floor Tiling business expertise by:
- Expanding your capabilities with the TAFE NSW Certificate IV in Building and Construction or Certificate IV in New Small Business
If you already have skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.