International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for management and leadership
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Port Macquarie||Feb , Jul||A$11,340|
|Ryde||Feb , Jul||A$11,340|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,340|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,340|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules - 23 units must be completed
- 12 core units, 11 elective units, consisting of:
- 6 units from Group A
- 5 units from Group A, Group B, elsewhere in the SIT Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
- Core Units
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITTTOP003 Allocate tour or activity resources
- SITTTSL002 Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL003 Provide advice on international destinations
- SITTTSL004 Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services
- SITTTSL006 Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL007 Process reservations
- SITTTSL008 Book supplier products and services
- SITTTSL009 Process travel-related documentation
- SITTTSL010 Use a computerised reservations or operations system
- SITTTSL011 Source airfares for domestic flights
- SITTTSL012 Construct normal international airfares
- SITTTSL013 Construct promotional international airfares
- SITTTSL014 Construct advanced international airfares
- SITTTSL015 Administer billing and settlement plans
- SITTTSL016 Provide specialist advice on cruises
- SITTTSL017 Maintain product inventories
- SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
- SITTGDE004 Lead tour groups
- SITTGDE005 Prepare and present tour commentaries or activities
- SITTGDE006 Develop and maintain the general and regional knowledge required by guides
- SITTGDE007 Research and share information on Australian Indigenous cultures
- SITTGDE008 Prepare specialised interpretive content on flora, fauna and landscape
- SITTGDE009 Prepare specialised interpretive content on marine environments
- SITTGDE010 Prepare specialised interpretive content on cultural and heritage environments
- SITTGDE011 Coordinate and operate tours
- SITTTOP001 Load touring equipment and supplies
- SITTTOP002 Provide outdoor catering
- SITTTOP004 Set up and operate a camp site
- SITTTOP005 Operate tours in a remote area
- TLIC1051 Operate commercial vehicle
- TLIC2025 Operate four wheel drive vehicle
- TLIC3042 Operate coach/bus
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- BSBITU301 Create and use databases
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- SITXCRI001 Respond to a customer in crisis
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBEBU502 Implement e-business solutions
- SITXEBS002 Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business
- SITXEBS003 Build and launch a small business website
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM005 Manage volunteers
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- SITXLAN003 Conduct oral communication in a language other than English
- SITXLAN004 Conduct complex oral communication in a language other than English
- SITXLAN005 Read and write information in a language other than English
- SITXLAN006 Read and write documents in a language other than English
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- SITXMGT003 Manage projects
- BSBMKG401 Profile the market
- BSBMKG510 Plan e-marketing communications
- BSBMKG509 Implement and monitor direct marketing activities
- SITXMPR001 Coordinate production of brochures and marketing materials
- SITXMPR002 Create a promotional display or stand
- SITXMPR003 Plan and implement sales activities
- SITXMPR004 Coordinate marketing activities
- SITXMPR005 Participate in cooperative online marketing initiatives
- SITXMPR006 Obtain and manage sponsorship
- SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXMPR008 Prepare and present proposals
- SITTPPD001 Package tourism products
- SITTPPD002 Develop interpretive activities
- SITTPPD003 Coordinate and operate sustainable tourism activities
- SITTPPD004 Develop in-house recreational activities
- SITTPPD005 Develop host community awareness of tourism
- SITTPPD006 Assess tourism opportunities for local communities
- SITTPPD007 Research and analyse tourism data
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a University Bachelor Degree with guaranteed credit at Australian universities. You will be required to complete a TAFE NSW application form & University application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.