International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Glendale||Feb , Jul||A$56,000|
|Nirimba||Feb , Jul||A$56,000|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$56,000|
|Shellharbour||Feb , Jul||A$56,000|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$56,000|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Glendale||Feb , Jul||A$57,600|
|Nirimba||Feb , Jul||A$57,600|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$57,600|
|Shellharbour||Feb , Jul||A$57,600|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$57,600|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Year 1
- ECSFC101A - Professional, Cultural and Academic Practice
- ECCDD101A - Health and Physical Wellbeing
- ECCDD103A - Children’s Self-Identity and Family Contexts
- ECCDD102A - Creativity in the Early Years
- ECTPP102A - Play and Documentation
- ECTPP101A - Holistic Child Development
- ECPPL101A - Professional Experience 1 (Birth - 2 years)
- ECSFC102A - Sustainability in Early Childhood
- ECCWC101A - Nutrition, Health, Safety and Wellness
- ECPPL102A - Professional Experience 2 (2 - 3 years)
- Year 2
- ECTPP203A - Brain Development and Cognitive Learning
- ECTPP202A - Documentation, Planning and Assessment 2
- ECCDD202A - Communication, Language and Literacy
- ECCDD201A - Mathematics Education
- ECCWC201A - Exceptional Children: Early Intervention
- ECTPP201A - Documentation, Planning and Assessment 1
- ECPPL201A - Professional Experience 3 (Birth-3 years)
- ECSFC201A - Diverse Australia: Equity and Diversity
- ECPPL202A - Professional Experience 4 (Preschool)
- ECPPL203A - Manage an education and care service
- Year 3
- ECCDD303A - Music, Movement and Drama
- ECCDD301A - Visual and Media Arts
- ECTPP302A - Reflective and Professional Practice
- ECTPP301A - Educational Psychology and Pedagogical Practice
- ECPPL302A - Professional Experience 6 (3 - 5 years)
- ECCWC301A - Gifted Education
- ECPPL301A - Professional Experience 5 (Community Engagement)
- ECSFC301A - Working with Families and Community Partnerships
- ECCWC302A - Inclusive Practice and Principles in Early Childhood
- ECCDD302A - Science and Technology
- Year 4
- ECTPP401A - Developing Early Childhood Curriculum
- ECPPL402A - Professional Experience 8 (Early Childhood Leadership)
- ECSFC401A - Advocacy, Social Justice and Professional Ethics
- ECTPP402A - Philosophies, Ideologies and Theories of Education
- ECPPL403A - Research in Early Childhood Education 1
- ECPPL401A - Professional Experience 7 (Early Childhood Leadership)
- ECPPL405A - Leadership and Management in Early Childhood
- ECPPL404A - Research in Early Childhood Education 2
- ECCWC401A - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- ECCDD401A - Multimodal Media and Digital Technology
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
On successful completion of the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care students will be required to complete an additional unit Introduction to Academic Study (ECIAS200A), to receive a full credit that will reduce the duration of Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth 5) to 2.5 years.
- The details of attendance and fee for this unit will be included in your Letter of Offer.
- The 2024 fee for this unit is $1800 (subject to review every year), which is payable only at the time of commencement in the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth 5)
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.