International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
- A passion for sharing cultural, historic, artistic or natural information and history
- An interest in managing other tour guides
- Confidence in establishing a network of connections and collaborative businesses
- An interest in educating a diverse range of people
- Confidence in performing public speaking tasks and leading group engagement activities
- Adequate fitness and mobility to deliver First Aid, like performing CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) while kneeling on the floor
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$8,590|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules 17 units must be completed
- 11 core units 6 elective units consisting of: 4 units from the list below, 2 units from the list below or elsewhere in the SIT Training Package or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
- Core Units
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- SITTGDE002 Work as a guide
- SITTGDE004 Lead tour groups
- SITTGDE005 Prepare and present tour commentaries or activities
- SITTGDE011 Coordinate and operate tours
- SITTGDE012 Manage extended touring programs
- SITXCSS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITTGDE003 Provide arrival and departure assistance
- SITTGDE006 Develop and maintain the general and regional knowledge required by guides
- SITTGDE007 Research and share general information on Australian Indigenous cultures
- SITTGDE008 Prepare specialised interpretive content on flora, fauna and landscape
- SITTIND001 Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITTPPD002 Develop interpretive activities
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Travel and Tourism study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a University Bachelor Degree with guaranteed credit at Australian universities. You will be required to complete a TAFE NSW application form & University application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.