International Course Info
This qualification reflects the role of an enrolled nurse working under supervision of a registered nurse. This qualification covers the application of skills and knowledge required to provide nursing care for people across the health sector. A lifespan approach should underpin this qualification with relevant competencies that relate to the different stages of life identified within the units.
A graduate from a Diploma of Nursing program approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) is able to apply for registration with the NMBA as an enrolled nurse. Further information on registration is available at www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au. Note that the scope of practice for enrolled nurses is determined by state and territory legislative requirements and the policies and procedures of the employing organisation.
All programs leading to registration or endorsement must be first accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) Board and approved as a qualification for registration by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) before students can enrol into the program. Students who are applying to undertake a program of study leading to a qualification that enables graduates to register or be endorsed as nurses or midwives, must be advised of the accreditation status of the program prior to enrolling. The students must be assured that they will be able to complete an approved course of study leading to registration or endorsement.
Work Placement Requirements:
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of their first clinical placement. Prior to the first clinical placement in NSW health Clinconnect, all students provide endorsed copies of the following documents to their course coordinator:
- A valid working with Children Check.
- A valid National Police Record Check.
- Evidence they have met NSW Health immunisation requirements.
Total Work Placement Hours: TAFE NSW students complete 440 hours of placement to ensure the minimum 400 hours as directed by ANMAC accreditation standard is achieved. 40 hours contribute to the assessment activities undertaken in the workplace.
Eligibility for work placement:
Before commencement of professional experience in NSW Health facilities or other facilities, students will be required to:
- Meet NSW Health’s criminal record check and working with children check requirements.
- Sign the NSW Health code of conduct form and any other forms, as required by NSW health.
- Undertake occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against infectious diseases and provide their health care worker/student vaccination record card.
- Complete mandatory online modules as required by facilities.
- All learners receive a workplace portfolio that consist of assessment activities signed off by the teachers and assessors.
- All areas must be signed and dated before the learners can achieve a satisfactory result in this event.
Requirements of work place/supervisor: Workplace supervisors should be a registered Nurse with current registration with AHPRA and must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Whilst on work placement the learners will be supervised by teachers and assessors as required by ANMAC.
Physical fitness/aptitude: HLTAID003 It is important that all qualified first aiders have the physical ability to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid to an expected standard. Certain aspects of assessment in this unit will rely on students’ physical ability to:
- Perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult and infant manikin.
- Perform CPR at floor level on an adult manikin.
- Respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
- Students who are physically unable to meet all assessment requirements will be unable to successfully complete this unit of competency.
Subject area: Nursing
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 7.0 with 7.0 across all bands OR
- Occupational English Test (OET) with minimum score of B in each of the 4 components OR
- PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the 4 components OR
- TOEFL iBT at a minimum overall score of 94 with a minimum score of 24 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Writing and 23 in Speaking
*conditions apply visit AHPRA Registration for more detail.
|Castle Hill||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Jul , Oct (Full)|
|Griffith||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Kingswood||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Apr (Full) , Jul (Full) , Oct|
|Newcastle||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Apr , Jul , Oct|
|Randwick||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Jul (Full)|
|Shellharbour||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Aug|
|St George||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Jul (Full)|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Feb , Jul (Full)|
|Wetherill Park||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Mar|
|Wyong||Total course fee: A$23,430||Enrol: Apr|
|Castle Hill||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Jul , Sep|
|Griffith||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Kingswood||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Apr , Jul , Oct|
|Newcastle||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Apr , Jul , Nov|
|Randwick||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Shellharbour||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Apr , Sep|
|St George||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Ultimo||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Wetherill Park||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Feb , May , Jul|
|Wyong||Total course fee: A$24,130||Enrol: Nov|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Diploma of Nursing students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
Students who successfully complete the TAFE NSW Diploma of Nursing may articulate with credit transfer into the undergraduate pre-registration nursing degree program at UTS.
University of Technology (UTS) gives TAFE NSW graduates guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Nursing with 48 credit points towards the Bachelor of Nursing (this is one year credit transfer of full time study).
A graduate from a Diploma of Nursing program approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) is able to apply for registration with the NMBA as an enrolled nurse. Further information on registration is available at www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au
- For English language requirements for registration as a Nurse in Australia see Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website
- Graduates, who want to work in Australia, must meet the registration standards as outlined by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
The qualification leads to registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) under the Australian Health Practitioners Agency (AHPRA). Registered Enrolled Nurses are employed in a range of health services including residential aged care, community based care, primary health settings, mental health, palliative care, rehabilitation and acute care.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a University Bachelor Degree with guaranteed credit at Australian universities. You will be required to complete a TAFE NSW application form & University application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.