International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- A pass in Year 12 Mathematics or equivalent
- Or successful completion of the TAFE NSW Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Statement of Purpose (300-400 Words),Questionnaire and Interview conducted online using MS Teams - Download Document
English Language Requirements:
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Liverpool||Feb , Jul||A$60,960|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$60,960|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Year One - ITICT101A Fundamentals of Computer Organisation
- Year One - ITPRD101A Critical Thinking for the IT Professional
- Year One - ITICT102A Introduction to Programming
- Year One - ITICT103A Internetworking 1
- Year One - ITICT104A Internetworking 2
- Year One - ITPRD102A Communication for the IT Professional
- Year One - ITICT105A File Systems and Data Concepts
- Year One - ITNET101A Introduction to Cryptography
- Year Two - ITICT201A Advanced Internetworking 1
- Year Two - ITPRD201A Project Management (Group work)
- Year Two - ITICT202A Wireless Networks
- Year Two - ITNET201A Introduction to Network Security
- Year Two - ITICT203A Advanced Internetworking 2
- Year Two - ITPRD202A Professional Issues in IT
- Year Two - ITNET202A Enterprise Security
- Year Three - ITNET301A Mobile Computing and Security
- Year Three - ITNET302A Advanced Network Security 1
- Year Three - ITNET303A Major Security Project 1
- Year Three - ITNET304A Advanced Network Security 2
- Year Three - ITNET305A Emerging Technologies Security
- Year Three - ITNET306A Major Security Project 2
- Year Two - TICT204A World Wide Web Programming
- Year Two - ITPRD203A Knowledge Management
- Year Two - ITPRD204A Future eTrends and Issues
- Year Three - ITNET307A National Data Infrastructure Security
- Year Three - ITNET308A eCommerce and eGovernment Security
- Year Three - ITNET309A Computer and Network Forensics
- Year Three - ITICT301A Internetworking Troubleshooting
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Upon successful completion of the Higher Education qualification Diploma of Information Technology:
- Graduates will receive 1 Year credit towards the Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber & Network Security)
- These credits will reduce the Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber & Network Security) to a 2 Year duration.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together leading to a TAFE NSW Bachelor Degree, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.