International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, we recommend that you have:
- The physical ability to stand for long periods of time to give a remedial massage
- Empathy and a warm personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Adequate fitness and the mobility to perform First Aid. For example- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) requiring kneeling on the floor
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Meadowbank||Feb , Jul||A$17,000|
|Randwick||Feb , Jul||A$17,000|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- Total number of units = 21
- 16 core units
- 5 elective units, consisting of at least 1 unit from the Business Management group below and up to 4 units from the electives listed below, any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome.
- All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- Core Units
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
- HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
- HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG003 Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
- HLTMSG005 Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG006 Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG008 Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS027 Visit client residence
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRP002 Collaborate in professional practice
- HLTARO001 Develop aromatherapy practice
- HLTARO002 Source and prepare aromatherapy products
- HLTARO003 Perform aromatherapy health assessments
- HLTARO004 Provide therapeutic aromatherapy treatments
- HLTARO005 Provide aromatherapy massage treatments
- HLTHPS010 Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- HLTMSG007 Adapt remedial massage practice for athletes
- HLTREF002 Provide reflexology for relaxation
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISFFIT031 Implement injury prevention strategies
- SISSSCO307 Provide nutrition information to athletes
- SISSSPT301 Conduct advanced taping A
- SISSSTC301 Instruct strength and conditioning techniques A
- SISSSTC402 Develop strength and conditioning programs A
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.