International Course Info
This course is for people preparing to work as a massage practitioner.
You will learn to assess a client's massage needs and plan and conduct a therapeutic level massage. You will also learn to work safely and ethically in health care and wellness environments, and to communicate effectively with clients and other health care workers.
People considering enrolment in massage need to be aware that skills development for clinical work will require you to massage and be massaged by fellow students and that industry dress codes will apply. Massage will necessarily involve touch but will always be practised and applied in accordance with industry codes of practice and ethics. Details of the dress code will be provided to you during pre-enrolment information sessions or to enrolled students by the teacher.
- Meadowbank College this course will be 'fast tracked' and delivered over an accelerated mode of study over 9 months.
Work Placement Requirements:
Students will be required to complete 80 hours of onsite clinic hours and must include a minimum of 40 clients during the course. If students are working within the industry they can log a maximum of 20 hours offsite with the remaining 60 hours in the onsite clinic. Students will be required to complete a logbook for record of the work placement so they can practice their skills and embed the knowledge they have learned during the course.
Subject area: Massage Therapy
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) at TAFE NSW or equivalent
- If English is your primary language and you have attended and satisfactorily completed at least three years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries, including at least one year between years 7 and 12. (Recognised countries are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA)
- OR Completion of two years of secondary, vocational or tertiary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries above
- OR Achievement of PTE Academic: minimum overall score of 42 and a minimum score of 42 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
- OR achievement of a minimum pass at 'C" level in each of the four components (reading, writing, listening and speaking)of the Occupational English Test (OET)
- OR Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English scale of 162
|Meadowbank||Total course fee: A$9,610||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Randwick||Total course fee: A$9,610||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Sutherland/Loftus||Total course fee: A$9,610||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Meadowbank||Total course fee: A$9,900||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Randwick||Total course fee: A$9,900||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Sutherland/Loftus||Total course fee: A$9,900||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Certificate IV in Massage Therapy students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
When you finish this course you can articulate into the Diploma of Remedial Massage RS18277
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Massage therapist, massage therapy practitioner, assistant to other health practitioner.