International Course Info
This qualification is for people wanting to work in the hospitality industry.You will learn the skills required to work as a skilled operator using a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations. This qualification provides a pathway for you to work as a team leader or supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
Work Placement Hours:
Workplace learning (on the job training) of 180 hours in total, is required for the achievement of competencies to receive the Certificate IV in Hospitality. A teacher will assist with securing a work placemen for you and assist in the organization of the workplace learning and associated workplace activities in line with TAFE NSW policy.
Subject area: Hospitality
- While there is no formal academic entry requirement for this course, it is recommended applicants have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- The NSW Liquor and Gaming regulations require students to be 18 years of age or older if they are undertaking units that involve the service of alcohol and/or gaming operations.
|Orange||Total course fee: A$8,540||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Port Macquarie||Total course fee: A$8,540||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Wollongbar||Total course fee: A$8,540||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Port Macquarie||Total course fee: A$8,790||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
|Wollongbar||Total course fee: A$8,790||Enrol: Feb , Jul|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Certificate IV in Hospitality students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
When you finish this course you may be eligible to do Diploma of Hospitality or other diplomas in any service industry field. RN12168
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
- Possible job titles include: Bar supervisor or team leader
- Duty manager
- Food and beverage supervisor or team leader
- Forecast analyst (accommodation services)
- Front office supervisor or team leader
- Housekeeping supervisor or team leader
- Gaming supervisor or team leader
- Reservation analyst
- Shift manager