International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- TAFE NSW Ultimo requires completion of the Certificate III in Business or equivalent.
- It is recommended for Students to have experience utilising Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Some experience working in an administrative role in an office environment
- Some experience with different computer software like Microsoft Word, Excel
- Typing skills
- Time management and organisational skills
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul (Full)||A$6,570|
|Liverpool||Feb , Jul||A$6,570|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$6,570|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =10
- This qualification has no core units
- You will study a combination of elective units, which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units =10.This qualification has no core units.
- 10 elective units of which 5 units must be selected from the Group A units
- 5 elective units may be selected from the Group A or Group B Units listed below or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- If not listed below 1 elective unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course
- Elective Units
- BSBADM401 Produce complex texts from shorthand notes
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBADM406 Organise business travel
- BSBADM411 Produce complex texts from audio transcription
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBITA411 Design databases
- BSBITU401 Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBITU404 Produce complex desktop published documents
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBADM407 Administer projects
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBEBU401 Review and maintain a website
- BSBFIA412 Report on financial activity
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBITS411 Maintain and implement digital technology
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMED401 Manage patient record keeping system
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Business Administration study pathway:
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.