International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Are experienced working with computers
- Have confidence working with different software programs
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
Licensing/Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Mount Druitt||Feb , Jul||A$10,400|
|Petersham||Feb (Full) , Jul||A$10,400|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Petersham||Feb , Jul||A$10,400|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total Number of units = 18
- 10 core units plus 8 elective units
- The elective units consist of up to 8 from the elective units listed below
- Up to 3 from elsewhere in ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package or any other Training Package or accredited course at Certificate IV or Diploma level.
- The elective units chosen must be relevant to the work outcome and meet local industry needs
- Core Units
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTPRG402 Apply query language
- ICTPRG403 Develop data driven applications
- ICTPRG404 Test applications
- ICTPRG405 Build a user interface
- ICTPRG414 Apply introductory programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG415 Apply skills in object oriented design
- ICTPRG419 Analyse software requirements
- ICTPRG430 Apply introductory object oriented language skills
- BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- ICTDBS403 Create basic databases
- ICTICT404 Use online learning tools
- ICTICT408 Create technical documentation
- ICTICT420 Develop client user interface
- ICTICT427 Identify, evaluate and apply current industry specific technologies to meet organisational needs
- ICTPMG401 Support small scale ICT projects
- ICTPRG401 Maintain open source code programs
- ICTPRG407 Write script for software applications
- ICTPRG409 Develop mobile applications
- ICTPRG412 Configure and maintain databases
- ICTPRG413 Use a library or pre-existing components
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG427 Use XML effectively
- ICTPRG428 Use regular expressions in programming languages
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object oriented language skills
- ICTSAD401 Develop and present feasibility reports
- ICTSAD501 Model data objects
- ICTSAD502 Model data processes
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Information Technology study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the TAFE NSW Diploma of Software Development
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.