International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Want to progress your career in event management
- Enjoy working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Have interpersonal skills that can be used to enhance client relationships
- Can work to tight deadlines
- Are organised and have time management skills
- Have great written and verbal communication skills
- Have intermediate literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good computing skills
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$13,410|
|Wollongong||Feb , Jul||A$13,410|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules 24 units must be completed
- 16 core units 8 elective units consisting of 4 units from the list below.
- 4 units from the list below elsewhere in the SIT Training Package or any other Training package or accredited course.
- Core Units
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components
- SITEEVT011 Research event trends and practice
- SITEEVT012 Develop event concepts
- SITEEVT013 Determine event feasibility
- SITEEVT014 Develop and implement event management plans
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- CUAPPM503 Incorporate creative and technical needs into management processes
- CUAPPM601 Manage pre-production for shows and events
- CUASMT501 Stage manage productions and events
- CUASMT503 Develop and maintain production documents
- CUFPPM408A Compile production schedules
- CUFPPM409A Organise and facilitate rehearsals
- CULEVP501A Coordinate the installation and dismantling of exhibitions
- SITXCRI002 Manage a business continuity crisis
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- SITXEBS002 Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business
- CULEVP504A Develop exhibition concepts
- CULMS008B Conceive, develop and realise exhibition designs
- SITEEVT006 Develop conference programs
- SITEEVT007 Select event venues and sites
- SITEEVT009 Organise event infrastructure
- SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations
- SITEEVT015 Develop event transport plans
- SITEEVT016 Develop crowd management plans
- SITEEVT017 Develop multi-venue event plans
- SITEEVT018 Plan and allocate exhibition space
- SITEEVT019 Recruit and manage exhibitors
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXFIN005 Manage physical assets
- SITXFIN006 Manage revenue
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM005 Manage volunteers
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
- BSBMKG509 Implement and monitor direct marketing activities
- BSBMKG607 Manage market research
- CUVPUB501A Develop and manage public relations strategies
- SITXMPR006 Obtain and manage sponsorship
- SITXMPR008 Prepare and present proposals
- SITTPPD007 Research and analyse tourism data
- CPPDSM5027A Provide facilities and amenities for property users
- CUAFOH501 Manage front of house services
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.