International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
- At TAFE NSW Ultimo it is recommended you apply for a package with Diploma of Event Management. If you have prior education or work experience in the event management industry and want to apply for a direct entry into the Advanced Diploma of Event Management you will be invited to a pre-entry interview, which will also include a short questionnaire. This process helps determine the learner’s suitability and factors in the learner’s work and life experiences.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you:
- Want to progress your career in event management
- Enjoy working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Have interpersonal skills that can be used to enhance client relationships
- Can work to tight deadlines
- Are organised and have time management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have intermediate literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good computing skills
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$14,750|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules 24 units must be completed.
- 17 core units
- 7 elective units, consisting of 4 units from the list below 3 units from the list below, elsewhere in the SIT Training Package or any other Training Package or accredited course.
- Core Units
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- SITEEVT026 Manage event production components
- SITEEVT029 Research event industry trends and practice
- SITEEVT030 Develop event concepts
- SITEEVT031 Determine event feasibility
- SITEEVT032 Develop and implement event management plans
- SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMGT006 Manage projects
- SITXMPR014 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS008 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
- BSBTEC501 Develop and implement an e-commerce strategy
- SITEEVT024 Develop conference and event programs
- SITEEVT025 Select event venues and sites
- SITEEVT028 Manage on-site event operations
- SITEEVT034 Develop crowd management plans
- SITXHRM010 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM011 Manage volunteers
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
- SITXMPR015 Obtain and manage sponsorship
- SITXMPR016 Prepare and present proposals
- SITXFIN008 Interpret financial information
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.