International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, we recommend that you have:
- Good illustration and drawings skills and are keen to produce visuals for game characters and environments
- A strong interest in visual concepts and story telling
- Experience with programming for games
- A strong interest in game interactivity
- The ability to work within a team
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$13,750|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|St Leonards||Feb , Jul||A$15,120|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 20
- 6 core units plus 14 elective units, of which:
- at least 10 units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- up to 4 units may be selected from the remaining listed elective units or from this or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course
- Core Units
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- ICTGAM555 Analyse business opportunities in the digital games environments
- ICTGAM534 Manage interactive media productions
- ICTGAM532 Create design concepts for digital games and 3-D media
- ICTGAM549 Collaborate in design of 3-D game levels and environments
- ICTGAM423 Apply artificial intelligence in game development
- ICTGAM538 Manage testing of games and interactive media
- ICTGAM535 Develop complex 3-D software for games and interactive media
- ICTGAM556 Develop and implement physics in 3-D digital games
- ICTGAM541 Design and create advanced particles, fluids and bodies for 3-D digital effects
- ICTICT433 Build graphical user interfaces
- ICTGAM533 Create complex 3-D interactive games
- ICTPRG535 Build advanced user interfaces
- ICTGAM537 Prepare games for different platforms and delivery modes
- ICTGAM554 Create games for mobile devices
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.
TAFE NSW allows for two or more courses to be packaged together, either to meet the prerequisite requirements for a course or to plan your studies around your career goals. You can submit a single TAFE NSW application form and will be able to apply for one Student Visa for the full duration of the package.