International Course Info
This qualification is for people who want to work as a practitioner in the photo imaging sector. You will gain a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised and technical competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate photo imaging services.
- The qualification applies to a range of industry contexts, including commercial, domestic portrait, media, wedding, illustrative, institutional and art photography, where you are required to: interpret photo imaging assignment briefs from a range of clients
- consult with clients to refine objectives of photo imaging assignments
- select appropriate technologies and workflows, to capture images, including type of camera, image recording media, lighting, post-capture processing and outputs
- work from a studio or in a range of locations
- employ aesthetic, conceptual, compositional and technical skills to realise outcomes
- use a range of traditional, contemporary and emerging technologies when preparing, capturing and distributing image products.
Individuals must have the conceptual, technical and organisational skills to use a range of professional digital and/ or film cameras and accessories to produce a folio of photo imaging work that demonstrates the ability to respond effectively to different photo imaging challenges and requirements. Skills and knowledge may have been acquired through experience or formal study,
Licensing /Regulatory Information - No Licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Subject area: Photoimaging
- Year 10 or equivalent
- Submission of a portfolio and written task
|Kingswood||Total course fee: A$11,790||Enrol: Feb , Apr , Jul , Oct|
|Kingswood||Total course fee: A$11,790||Enrol: Feb|
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive the Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.CORE UNITS ADDITIONAL UNITS
Course fees and duration can vary based on the Institute you want to study at, the entry requirements for the course, and the year you will begin study.
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
Working as a practitioner in the photo imaging industry in a range of industry contexts, including:
- art photographer
- commercial/ advertising photographer
- domestic portrait photographer
- fashion photographer
- industrial/ architectural photographer
- media photographer
- sports photographer
- technical photographer (museum/ library/ gallery)
- technical photographer (scientific/ medical/ forensic)
- wedding photographer