International Course Info
This qualification is suitable for people currently working or who wish to find employment on an organic farming enterprise or who own an organic farming enterprise.
You will learn how to manage enterprise production units, manage the certification and continued compliance with organic standards, and develop and maintain organic produce supply chains.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|National Environment Centre||Feb , Apr||A$13,360|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|National Environment Centre||Feb||A$13,360|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- Plan production for the whole business
- Manage an agro-ecology production system
- Manage biodynamic production
- Manage organic livestock production
- Manage organic soil improvement
- Manage a landless organic production system
- Manage on-farm composting
- Develop an organic management plan
- Prepare the enterprise for organic certification
- Design and document an organic farm landscape
- Develop and manage a community based marketing supply chain
- Develop and monitor a sustainable production plan
- Research and interpret requirements for a permaculture project
- Monitor and manage soils for production projects
- Develop climate risk management strategies
- Market products and services
- Negotiate and monitor contracts
- Prepare and monitor budgets and financial reports
- Develop a sales strategy for rural products
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Manage integrated crop and pasture production
- Plan and manage long term weed, pest or disease control in crops
- Manage the harvest of crops
- Develop production plans for crops
- Manage staff
- Develop and review a business plan
- Monitor and review business performance
- Manage risk
- Plan and implement a chemical use program
- Manage livestock production
- Arrange marketing of livestock
- Develop and implement a breeding strategy
- Develop livestock health and welfare strategies
- Develop production plans for livestock
- Design livestock effluent systems
- Develop and implement sustainable land use strategies
- Diagnose plant health problems
- Develop a horticultural production plan
- Manage a controlled growing environment
- Design irrigation, drainage and water treatment systems
- Manage water systems
- Plan implement and review a quality assurance program
- Collect and manage data
- Assess new industry developments
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Manage work health and safety processes
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.