International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is highly recommended that you:
- Can draw and create graphics
- Have some design experience or previous design education
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Feb , Jul||A$9,270|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Design Centre Enmore||Jul||A$9,270|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 15
- 7 core units plus 8 elective units
- Core Units
- BSBCRT301 Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- BSBDES305 Source and apply information on the history and theory of design
- BSBDES401 Generate design solutions
- BSBDES402 Interpret and respond to a design brief
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- CUAACD401 Integrate colour theory and design processes
- CUAPPR401 Realise a creative project
- CUADRA401 Experiment with techniques to produce drawings
- CUAGRD401 Research and apply graphic design techniques
- CUAILL401 Develop and refine illustrative work
- ICPPRP325 Create graphics using a graphics application
- CUAIND401 Extend expertise in specialist creative fields
- CUAACD304 Make scale models
- BSBDES403 Develop and extend design skills and practice
- BSBCRT402 Collaborate in a creative process
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Design study pathway:
- Advance your existing knowledge with the Diploma of Graphic Design (Illustration)
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.