International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 60 or equivalent
- Or Completion of a TAFE NSW English for Academic Purposes (EAP
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you need may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Talent in mathematics
- A working knowledge of computers and software
- A keen interest in working outdoors
- A reasonable level of fitness to undertake routine work tasks in the field
A white card (or general construction induction card) is required for workers who want to carry out construction work in NSW. This is specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
Please visit the Safework NSW website for more information on applying for your white card.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules
- To achieve this qualification competency must be demonstrated in 14 units of competency.
- 6 Core units, 8 elective units
- All 8 units may be chosen from the elective units listed below
- Up to 2 units may be chosen from other Certificate III, Certificate IV or Diploma qualification in CPP or another current Training Package or accredited course provided they do not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification.
- Core Units
- CPPSIS4025 Collect spatial data using GNSS
- CPPSIS4027 Organise surveying field services
- CPPSIS4031 Perform surveying computations
- CPPSIS4037 Produce computer-aided drawings
- CPPSIS4040 Collect spatial data using terrestrial technologies
- CPPSIS4041 Set out site and building works
- CPPCMN4002 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- CPPSIS4022 Store and retrieve spatial data
- CPPSIS4030 Operate surveying equipment
- CPPSIS4032 Conduct field surveying operations
- CPPSIS4036 Operate spatial software applications
- CPPSIS4038 Prepare and present GIS data
- CPPSIS5060 Develop spreadsheets for spatial data
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Build your expertise with a TAFE NSW Surveying study pathway:
- Advance your existing skills and knowledge with the Diploma of Surveying
If you already have experience, skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course, you may be able to apply for credit through articulation, credit transfer or recognition of prior learning.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.