International Course Info
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 10 or equivalent
English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL (iBT) 46 or equivalent
- or Completion of a TAFE NSW General English Program
TAFE NSW makes every effort to ensure your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) needs are met. The level of support you require may be assessed via a review of your LLN skills with written tasks and a one-on-one interview. If you need to strengthen your LLN skills, an individual training plan will be created with you.
Work Placement Hours
This course includes 120 hours of mandatory work placement.
Work placements generally only begin after you have had a reasonable amount of contact with your teacher and they are satisfied that you are ready to benefit from workplace learning and perform workplace duties. Work placement is a learning opportunity, which means that you cannot be paid for your time there.
TAFE NSW will secure a work placement for you and assist with coordinating the workplace learning and other workplace activities you will undertake. This is in line with TAFE NSW policy.
Prior to your first clinical placement you must show evidence that you:
- Hold a valid Australian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Hold a valid Australian National Police Record Check
- Meet immunisation requirements as relevant to your workplace provider
If you are engaging in work placement with NSW Health you will also need to:
- Sign the NSW Health Code of Conduct Form and any other forms, as required by NSW Health
- Complete mandatory online modules as required by facilities
- Undertake an Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases and provide your health care worker/ student vaccinations record card
During Work Placement:
- While on work placement and under the direction of a qualified dietician, students will practice, be observed and assessed doing a range of tasks.
To be prepared for this course, it is recommended that you have:
- Good communication skills
- An interest in caring for others
- Confidence in working with people
- The ability to follow instructions
- Curiosity and like to ask questions
If you need help preparing for study, contact us about your options.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from a range of courses offered at multiple campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network and socialise.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$10,450|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$11,490|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and a range of Additional units.
Note: Additional units may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit at that location. TAFE NSW does not guarantee that speciality units listed will be offered at each location and semester. You will receive your timetable from the teaching section on commencement and speciality units offered will be provided at that time.
- Packaging Rules Total number of units = 16
- 7 core units 9 elective units
- All elective units chosen must contribute to a valid industry supported vocational outcome.
- Core Units
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAHA018 - Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 - Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 - Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 - Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
- CHCLAH001 - Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCLAH003 - Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTSFE001 - Apply and monitor food safety requirements
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- SITXFSA401 - Develop and implement a food safety program
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Whatever your career ambitions, we will help you get there with a range of courses to develop your skills, build your knowledge and prepare you for work.
TAFE NSW is here to create exceptional learner experiences and provide quality, personalised services to make sure you achieve your goals.
Explore your study options across a range of disciplines and talk to your TAFE NSW Education Agent or contact us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.