International Course Info
The Bachelor of Business is a three-year qualification designed to provide you with the professional skills to work in a range of industries and lead in the global marketplace.
With a built-in internship program to ensure your education is 'real-world' and up to date, this program provides you with the opportunity to focus your study on where you want your career to go across: accounting and finance, management, people and organisations, and marketing.
You will gain comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of business operations, and develop interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills. Your success is our business: Be work ready - a multidiscipline degree focussed on applied skills. TAFE NSW is recognised for our hands-on approach to skills training, with built in internships and work placements enhancing your employability and career. Make business connections - get a head start while you study, with our strong industry ties. It's about you - our small class sizes and personalised approach, means quality higher education. We support your learning journey with caring, friendly and professional teachers.
Work Placement Requirements: Students are required to complete a minimum of 60 hours work placement as part of this degree. The timing of work placement is flexible and arrangements are negotiated with the employer.
It is recommended that students identify host employers to undertake their work placement, however our experienced teachers can also assist you finding this placement to successfully complete these hours.
INTERNATIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
When you study with TAFE NSW, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledgeand skills to achieve your chosen qualification. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Academic IELTS 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 79
- NSW HSC (Higher School Certificate) or equivalent including study of Mathematics at 2 unit level
- OR a recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate
- OR a qualification from a Registered Training Organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- OR successful completion of at least one year full-time or equivalent in a course.
- In addition to proof of eligibility for course specific entry requirements, the English proficiency test must have been undertaken within 24 (or less) months prior to the study commencement date.
- See the TAFE NSW Bachelor courses entry requirements page for all acceptable minimum English Language and Academic requirements
STARTING DATES, COURSE FEES AND LOCATIONS
From mountains to oceans, from cities to country towns, international students can choose from over 50 campus locations across the state. Experience our vibrant spaces such as libraries, cafes and gyms as well as places you can network, socialise and just chill out.
Learn more about TAFE NSW study locations
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$45,120|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$45,120|
|Locations||Starting Dates||Course Fees|
|Granville||Feb , Jul||A$46,080|
|Ultimo||Feb , Jul||A$46,080|
Additional costs for uniforms, equipment, textbooks and materials (if applicable) range from A$300 - $1,000 per course.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND UNITS
To receive this course students must complete all core units and, if available, a range of additional units.
Note: Additional units contain compulsory and elective units which may vary between each semester and campus, and will depend on a number of considerations including the packaging rules for the qualification and demand for the unit.
- ----------YEAR 1----------
- BUCOM101A Business Communication
- AFFIN102A Principles of Economics
- BUMKT101A Marketing Fundamentals
- BUTEC101A Business Technology and Information Systems
- BULAW101A Business Law
- BUMGT101A Management Fundamentals
- AFFIN104A Foundations of Accounting
- BUORG101A Organisational Behaviour.
- ----------Year 2----------
- BUMAR201A Buyer Behaviour
- BUMAS201A Business Maths and Statistics
- BUPRO201A Project Management
- BURES201A Business Research Methods
- BUFIN202A Financial Decision Making
- BUHRM201A Human Resources Management
- BUINT201A International Business and Economies
- -----Plus one elective selected from the following:-----
- BUINT202A Australian and International Business Protocols
- BULAW201A Commercial Law I
- BUMAN201A Business Relationship Management
- BUMAR202A Marketing Communication Management
- -----NOTE: Other TAFE NSW discipline specific subject at Level 200.-----
- ----------Year 3----------
- BUMAN302A Organisational Leadership
- BUMAN301A Strategic Management
- Plus two electives selected from the following:
- BULAW202A Commercial Law II
- BUMAN304A Sales Management
- BUHRM301A Contemporary Employment Issues
- BUMAR301A Business to Business Marketing
- BUTEC301A Digital and Data Analytics
- Other TAFE NSW discipline specific subject at Level 300
- BUETH301A Business Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
- BUORG301A Driving Change and Developing Organisations
- BUMAN303A Entrepreneurship and New Business Creation
- -----NOTE: Plus one professional practice (industry or simulated industry placement) subject selected from the following.-----
- BUINT301A Professional Internship
- BUINT302A Professional Practice
KEEP LEARNING WITH TAFE NSW
From certificates to diplomas, degrees to study packages, you can take your study further with us.
Plan your study around your life with a TAFE NSW study package. Our study packages allow for multiple courses to be packaged together that can lead you to a TAFE NSW or an Australian University Bachelor Degree with credits. This gives you a one stop shop by completing your applications for the whole package through TAFE NSW allowing you to apply for one student Visa for the full duration of the package.